You are here

SD Clothing

elizabethz's picture

My 12 year old step daughter dress isn't the best. She is very skinny and flat chested. As in no need to any type of bra. However her mom lets her wear PADDED bras. The kind that make you look one to two cups bigger than you actually are. She wears them all the time and they look ridiculous. She is so small that the bras move around on her flat chest. It's embarassing when we go out in public. I've told my DH and he agrees but said that is what her mom lets her wear. It not only looks terrible but I feel bad for her. I'm sure kids laugh at her. I just don't like going out in public with her. The way she dresses is a joke.

StickAFork's picture

It amazes me how SM's magically know better how to handle girls better than their mothers.

I know I was guilty of the same when I was younger, and I see on here time and again. Soemtimes, they actually do know better. Other times, well, not so much.

She's 12. She should be wearing something, even if it's just to cover up the little bumpies. Almost all girl's bras come with padding. I think it's mostly to smooth out and cover, but it's fine with me. I've raised a girl to adulthood, suffered through another in her teens, and now am starting it over again with DD12.
Her bras have padding. It makes her boobies less obvious. She's less self conscious about them being obvious. It's MY business. I'm her mother.

Leave this girl alone. Her mom says it's fine, and your DH probably wouldn't have said jack if you hadn't "told him" how wrong it is. He simply agreed with you. (Probably because he knows better than to disagree.)