You are here

Does anyone else's DH share a dog with the ex?

mentalmama24's picture

My DH and the Ex bought a dog when they were still together. The dog lives with us because the Ex lives in an apartment that doesn't allow dogs. My DH and I are not really dog people; i'm assuming he bought the dog for her. This dog is really untrained and bolts the second the door opens, and so at every pickup she runs outside and the Ex will spend 15 - 20 minutes in our front yard playing kissy face and taking pictures with the dog. She will literally sit there and pose and take selfies with the dog. She does this ALL the time. She will also say pointed remarks all the time like 'Oh, I know you miss your MOMMY. I'm your mommy right?' and stupid shit like that. I'm probably overreacting and just being my stupid insecure self but this really bothers me. Not only do I not like her hanging out in my front yard for that long but it's like a constant reminder of their relationship. Does anyone else have this problem or am I really just being completely retarded and need some serious help -___-

No saint's picture

My brother and his ex wife had a dog together. My brother is a dog person, much more than she is, but she got "custody" due to the same reason you did. My brother's girlfriend hates that and flips out every time my brother goes get the dog (Tag). He almost quit seeing Tag and resents that.
I honestly don't see what the problem is. The ex is married, my brother has a stable relationship, so what's the big deal?
Sorry, but it's the same here. I get that you don't like the woman hanging around your yard; you are entitled to that and I believe I wouldn't like it either, if it was for more than a minute. solution: take the dog out on a leash, hand it to her and tell her to go away.