You are here

Christmas let down

Chloe1974's picture

Hubby knows this was a difficult Christmas for me. Work isn’t going well, and this was the first year that I would not be seeing any of my family on Christmas. I did my best to make a great Christmas, like we mommas do. I even helped his kiddos get gifts for their mother (hubbys ex wife) because they have that arrangement that they will get each other gifts from the kids (kids are teens now). I also ran down and paid the balance on very expensive gift his ex put on lay away for their daughter, called us cause she couldn’t afford to pay them by Christmas, all to find out she didn’t put more than $40 on it... . He didn’t bother taking my daughter to get something for me (she’s 8.) and he didn’t take his kids to get something for me. Oldest had her mother take hershopping for me, which I found embarrassing because there was likely a conversation between the 2 of them that dad hadn’t gotten anything for me, etch This hurt me so much. He didn’t think enough of me to take my LO out shopping for me, but it was important for his kids to get something for their mom (which I literally picked out and bought, with them). He wouldn’t let their mother feel disappointed on Christmas, but didn’t think of me. He wouldn’t let his kids not get something for their mother, but he let my little girl hand me a hand made card as she said ‘here mommy, I didn’t get you anything so I made you this.’ Which by the way, is my favourite gift Smile and he didn’t care to show his kids that I’m a valued member of their family. 

best part? When I told him why I was hurt, he got defensive, told me this was the worst Christmas he’s ever had, told me he gets the ex something cause they have an arrangement (yeah I know, and I’m fine with that!?!), didn’t understand why I was hurt, then said I never get you anything from them, why is this a problem now, and threw it in my face that all we ever fight about is his ex and the blended family situation. Yes. This is true. But it’s because he treats me like runner up. Do we think for a second that he didn’t get something for her from the kids when they were married? He does it now and they’re divorced so I highly doubt it! But me? Meh. 

He has done nothing to make up for any of this. His way is to always ignore it till I get over it. I’m usually pretty good at letting it go but it’s 2 days later and I’m still very hurt. Would you feel like this too or am I way off? 

*sigh* Merry Christmas. 

hereiam's picture

It was the worst Christmas HE's ever had? Hahahaha! Way for him to turn your hurt around to a "poor me" situation. What a jerk.

tog redux's picture

YOU paid off the gift BM had put on lay away?! 

Stop doing so much for him and his kids. That's the part you have control over. 

Mandy45's picture

This would not of gone down well with me. Seems you made a effort. Yet no one could be bothered to make a effort towards you. And that is not fair. You have every right to be upset.