You are here

Being protective of my 2 month old when around SS3

stepmom2010's picture

When my SS3 comes over, he's pretty rough with handling my 2 month old. I get scared sometimes because I saw him biting and hitting my son on his tummy... SS takes my baby's pacifiers, bottles etc and put it in his mouth, which I just hate! I have to wash them every-time he does that. DH says it's ok to put the same bottle in my baby's mouth. I find it disgusting because it's like feeding my baby the same bottle someone else just fed through, even though they're half-brothers....My DH thinks I'm being overly-protective and gets angry at me. Like one day I was feeding my son and SS was yelling and jumping on my back, I got a little irritated because I was trying to feed my baby. Dh told me " If your irritated, just go in the other room then"....jeez. And also when I see SS2 doing something bad, I try to stop him. Dh tells me I stop him from doing everything...I don't think that's true..DH sometimes makes me feel like I favor my new baby than SS. That might be true but I can't help it. I just had my FIRST baby, who wouldn't be protective of their child???

Shaman29's picture

Your DH needs a swift kick in the ass.

2 month old baby shouldn't be handled by a toddler.

Your DH needs to control his kids when they are around you. YOU shouldn't have to leave the room. HE should be telling them to leave you alone when you're feeding the baby.