You are here

Avoiding opportunities for abuse allegations

Just human's picture

My dh and I do not have kids of our own. He is in a job where he can only see his kids a couple times a year. I have a very respectable occupation. BM is crazy. Period. Dot. I have had to change my phone number due to her harassing me. We have been stalked by her and do not give out our address. When my DH is in the country we have to turn my caller ID off on my cell so the BM can't get my number. BM tries to guilt trip DH into giving her more money for the kids when she is mismanaging child support. My DH forbids me from going to the small town he grew up in because he is concerned for my safety with the BM or her crazy family around. BM has recruited SD14 to hate me all of a sudden after BM realized I had a good relationship with her daughter. Now that my relationship with SD has gone south the thought crosses my mind that would his kids be manipulated by BM to make some sort of abuse or maltreatment accusations against me if I am around his kids, or if they stay with us for a visit? I think this is not something to put past the BM. I have a lot to lose with my career if anything like that ever happened. I do not want to be around the skids because of that. The SS8 is a sweetie but I can't help but be on alert that as he grows he may fall victim to BMs manipulation and agenda. I do not want to be in the same *anywhere* with his kids because of this concern in light of the BM's craziness. If we had kids together or a pet I would NEVER leave them alone with the skids EVER. Does anyone have experience or advice about this?

Slender bright's picture

I do not have experience but I do think your fears are well adjusted and that you should communicate with SO about how you feel. Make sure to only spend time with children while SO is around so that in case anything does come up you can have someone to take your side. If she does manipulate them into claiming abuse and none is proven that will look bad on her, plus the courts see bullshit like that all the time so dont worry so much. Just be mindful of when you have private time with the skids.