You are here

am I wrong in thinking like this?? newbie here for sum support/advice

misslady's picture

:?
I've been married about 4 years now. My husband has a now 7year old boy, which I gladly accept. step son n I bonded and were good. Now my "nightmares" are coming true. Now when I get after him, and he gets pissed he will tell me " I won't listen to you anyways".. aside from that......my stepson wants his brother, same mom DIFFERENT dad., to come over all the time. My husband sort of "bonded" with his ex's kid when they were together. and so now I have to accept his brother. I did not sign up for 2 kids. baby mama used to just leave both of them, and even had the audacity to leave us another one of her kids (3Total). So we agreed that i would be the one to pick up my ss so i could say im only here for my ss. Noooow my husband tells his son that its ok for his bro to come and last time i picked him up i said no, and ss began to cry "my dad said he could" and i had no choice but to bring his brother along too. Ive voiced my thoughts to my husband and he does not seem to even work with me. He argues that it makes his son happy and that his sons bro's father is a piece of....These are the reasons I tell my husband I do not want my step sons brother here.

1. When my step son visits, its our family's turn to spend time with him. He sees his brothers every day, he needs to spend time witb our nieces n nephews.

2. Its a huge liability/ responsibility ti care for someone who is not yours in any way other than being related to your SS

3.We are at a marginal income (overwrkd n undrpaid social worker)..just the right amount for me n hubby..we can feed my ss but another mouth to feed adds up

4. Both of us work, n when we have to leave my in laws take care of them. I don't feel right leaving my stepsons brother with them because he is not their business.

I don't know I feel like a bad person in telling my husband I don't want my ss brother to come over. Am I? Has anyone experienced this? How did you all deall with it?

mannin's picture

You need to grow a backbone and stand up for yourself.

I agree with a previous poster, if DH wants to babysit the brother and be liable - fine. You shouldn't.

Not your kids - not your problem.