You are here

SK'S Will Never Change!

Lady's picture

Dh just found out his grandson is sick.He is 1 year old and has RSV.DH didnt find out from his son .He found out from another family member that thought we should know.This grandchild I have never seen because my SK hate me.Since my DH wont leave me (like his kids tell him to do)to be with his real family they just keep DH in the dark about his grandkids. They have no problem asking DH for money and thats about all there is to their realationship. I wouldnt give them anything but a good hard kick in the pants. I wonder if these grands will be like their parents when they grow up? How can these brats treat their own dad this way.They are horrible people.

Orange County Ca's picture

They certainly can be horrible. My uncle had a daughter who was angry because, although she and her husband owned 6 homes to rent out, she was angry that my uncle had left the family home to her brother.

Uncle made the mistake of telling his kids and the woman didn't speak to her father for several decades thereafter. We were both at the funeral of a mutual Aunt and I commented on what a great guy he was and she had a look of astonishment on her face.

Money means a lot in our world. I wonder if your husband has set up a Living Trust whereby the home you guys are living in (or his share of it) is set to go them once both of you have passed on?

A Living Trust will allow you to continue to live in the home until you're gone before control passes to them. A wonderful tool.

Lady's picture

My Dh moved me away from my hateful sk's .We use to live close by them.My DH and I bought some land and built a house .It is in my name and the land also. DH has my future taken care of if he passes before me.Im so thankful for it too. DH knows what his kids are capeable of .We do have a living trust. We have already prepared our funerals also.I think the only thing my SK's will do if my DH passes before me is start trouble with me and my D and my family being present at the funeral. Im sure they will tell my family to get lost but when they do they will be removed because I will not put up with them.One time of acting out and they are gone .It will be my pleasure to get rid of them.

seesaw208's picture

You have a good man, my Dh has everything in skids names, the house, land everything. If something should happen to him before me they would kick me to the curve and I would be homeless. He does not protect me from them, they come first and always will. So, I have started to protected myself, saving money my own checking and savings. He loves you!

CandyLou's picture

I just feel sick to my stomach when I read stories about what happens to SM's at the time of their husband's death in relation to SK's. This is what I was asking about in another post, do these SK's ever have to feel remorse about anything they have done? Is there any justice???