You are here

SK'S Have Figured Out I Have Disengaged .

Lady's picture

Sk's have figured out my disengagement from them. Its not that I wanted to disengage from them but I was sick of the way SD'S and SDIL treated my daughter and how they never had anything to say to me unless it had something to do with their dad. They never spoke to me . Always giving the evil eye .Always rumors about me and my daughter of how we will never be accepted. Since they have figured out I have disengaged they are blowing up DH phone with pictures of the GK (before he never got a picture). before there was no invite to see the GK's .Now they invite DH to their house for dinner's . They now try very hard to include him in everything . Dh knows how they are and its backfiring on them .DH can see what they are doing . He dont want to go just him because he knows they are not really wanting him there . He can do what he want's to but I am enjoying my disengagement and loving the peace . I cant believe they would waste their time on DH when they really dont give a rip about him.Guess they are trying to prove something .

ctnmom's picture

Notasm, I know your SS is a "walking anus" (as PaulinUtah used to say), but I laugh everytime you mention him- "looked at him funny" LOL! Blum 3

peacemaker's picture

You are in the process of designing a new "normal"...They hate it because all the y know is what they have been taught to do from their bm..(blame and control)...and you have just taken away their power to control you. To make disengaging effective...you may want to put some FUN PROACTIVE HEALTHY POSITIVE back into your life to replace the toxic passive unhealthy negative space that was being consumed by the bad culture you were being marinated in...

I love it!...No more waiting around to focus on what everyone else is going to say or do..just get moving forward with your life...and live the life you want to love!!!!.......A lot of people only go halfway with disengagement...or quitting any other bad habit in life they want to give up like smoking or whatever.....if you go the extra step and REPLACE the negative with the positive...you will make great strides forward instead of crawling out of the bad habit leaving a void...the challenge is replacing it with a great habit or activity....

When I disengaged...I took a season to focus on my own baggage in life...which helped me break free internally from more than the effect the skids had on my life....now..life is full of other activities and adventures that consume my thoughts and time....if i do think about them from time to time..i"ll just say a little prayer for them and move on....The power of choice is an amazing game changer.....