You are here

DD Stepped into the situation and Confronted DH about what is going on with Twit!

shes driving me crazy in my retirement's picture

DD e-mailed me and told me she was calling DH about what was going on with the Twit. DD says that she has been very uncomfortable about the situation of my having to call 911 because a screaming Twit was after me.

Well, she did. She called, asked that he be present and the phone on speaker and she told him that enough was enough. She was tired and concerned about my being always anxious because I never know when the Twit is going to attack me. DH protested at that, but she stopped him and said that YES, Twit does go after me. She said a bunch of other things as well.

She wanted DH to tell her just what he intends to do to protect me from the Twit, from her constant starting trouble between him and me, from her rants and rages etc. That if he did not do something she would come and get me, lock up the house (it is my house in my name) and he could go stay with the Twit until he figured things out.

She told him that I use to be happy, outgoing, calm, etc., but this Twit sh*t (yep, that is what she called it) is making me sad and anxious about things and it is not good for me, mentally or physically.

Wow! Even I had to calm her down. I told her DH had been making progress especially since he got into counseling, but since his surgery he has back stepped.

DH told me he was angry I had told DD about calling 911 on Twit, which she interrupted that my having to do that was a sign that Twit was totally out of control.

Anyway, DH says he is going to speak with Twit, but he can't drive and he just knows I won't go down there with him. I told him I would gladly drive and pick him up when he was ready, but I wasn't staying. He told her he, too, is worried about me but that I take it to heart too much.

DD was never yelling or screaming, she was very professional and to the point in talking to DH. She told him that she is tired of hearing the stress in my voice when I talk, and my telling her that his Twit scares the begesus out of me. That she loves him, like a father and knows that he is a good man, but something needs to be done to protect me. That she wants him to know that she will take care of me if no one else does.

Wow! She didn't get all over him about it, just that she was concerned for me, my well being and health and how he was going to handle it.

Have to say, it was very nice to hear that someone has my back in case DH doesn't want to handle Twit. That's my girl!

ownpersonalopinion1's picture

dup

ownpersonalopinion1's picture

Yes, guess I did do a pretty good job there. Although there were many a time we had "differences" when she was growing up. I believe I once told her, when as a teen she gave me that nonsense about this was a democracy (our house - I was a single parent then) and I responded that I wasn't running a democracy as long as she was under 18 and I was paying the bills - I was the dictator. But she turned out pretty good. I learned back then I could not be her BBF and be a parent. We didn't get real close buddies until she was getting married, after college. Our young take time to get dry behind the ears, so to speak.

Twit, on the other hand...what can I say

DH has been trying to contact Twit but she still hasn't returned his calls. He's not angry with DD, he agrees she is right, though he still doesn't understand why I am scared of the Twit (oh those blinders).

Me? I think Twit is laying real low because she might be nervous about my calling the police on her. She has to know if Daddy is looking for her it is not to praise her actions. She has got to figure out some story to tell him about why she acted as she did - I don't think her hormones, etc. are going to fly this time.

And yes it is a great Mother's Day gift, though she doesn't know it. she gave me one already!

I know she will also call tomorrow for Mother's Day. That is how we are.

Feel sorry for the Twit. She has 2 loser sons and one I'm not sure which way he will go, that she supports because they have various problems (one weights over 325+ lbs and only works pt. time, and you all know about the drunkie. I am now of the opinion there is a reason why they turned out that way....losers. But then Momma Twit has never been able to hold down a regular job either, which is why she gets into the Pot and Pan business and things like that.

sandye21's picture

SDM, You are very fortunate to have such a wonderful daughter but from all of your writing it is obvious she gleaned a lot of her calm wisdom from you. She is honestly worried bout you - and rightly so. It is good DH is hearing this from other people who only reinforce that Twit is potentially dangerous, and that DH should get his head back to where it was before the operation. I'm very glad she called DH. It all needed to be said. (((HUGS))) & Happy M'day

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

"She wanted DH to tell her just what he intends to do to protect me from the Twit, from her constant starting trouble between him and me, from her rants and rages etc. That if he did not do something she would come and get me, lock up the house (it is my house in my name) and he could go stay with the Twit until he figured things out."

I loved this part the best! How old is your DD? I'm so glad she said something. While she certainly isn't a neutral third party because she is family, it still helps to reinforce the severity of the situation to DH. I hate how he started enabling Twit with his reply "You take it too much to heart." No, you DON'T, and even if you DID, it's because we are all different people. What DH may be able to tolerate from Twit is certainly not the same as what you can tolerate. Right now and for awhile it seems, you have been able to tolerate less. Evident by your fear and your stress level. DH needs to get his head out of his ass.

I wish my little enemies didn't live under my roof. OSD19 sounds like your TwitFit. My days are numbered and then my house will be noisy and messy. I don't think I can stay disengaged. I think I'm going to be on full alert, 24/7, up OSD19's ass. That's what you get for thinking you own MY home. She and Hedgehog can take a flying leap.

~ Moon

Bark - What is with the hedgehog? Those are pretty big animals. I can understand your lothing of it. Sounds like something for the back yard, perhaps a rabbit cage with a roof on it? In the house? Nope, never. I believe these animals have scent glands which also stink.

Hi Tog - If you read my posts you would find DH has come a long way, until his surgery, in dealing with Twit.

It was HIS decision not to tell her about his surgery, not mine. Now she is ranting at me as I posted that I am the one responsible.

In all honesty, I believe that, regardless what DH says, he too is scared of her and her tantrums/cries for pity.

As for me, I have fought the good fight, but alas I am war weary and tired of it. Especially when one never knows when Twit is going to fly off the handle and about what.

tog says: ..... I have - I feel like your DH enables Twit to behave this way and then he gets mad when you set limits on it. If my SS as an adult EVER behaved as Twit does, my DH would take action immediately to protect me and if that meant involving the police, so be.....

Tog, I was rereading this post and have to agree with you. For a long while, especially after we moved down here, it seemed that DH was afraid of Twit. He once said to me, after standing up for me, that now Twit wouldn't talk/have anything to do with him any more. Too bad he wasn't right.

As I have long thought, every one is afraid of Twit and her moods, etc. It is how she keeps them in line.

sandye21's picture

Cat, You hit the nail on the head. These gutless DH's don't want anyone to know that they have been such a coward to allow their children to abuse their wife. The same thing happened to me with SD when she went verbally ballistic with me in my home. DH ran out the door. I had lived through 20 years of being outnumbered by DH, SD and her husband. Like SDM, I had to set limits on my own, without any help from DH - but I needed support to do this. I talked to my friends and relatives, also joined this site. Even HIS relatives backed me. This reinforced and validated me. DH was very angry at first that I enlisted this support but soon got over it. He had to. If I backed down I knew we would be right back to square one - something I could no longer accept.

Thank goodness SDM is standing firm with her boundaries. Her DH will just have to get over it. Like my DH, SDM's husband may never get the courage to protect SDM. He will eventually have to stop being mad at SDM because he knows other people have her back including the police. If he continues he will be back to living with Twit.

Yep, Sandye, I am standing my boundaries, have done so for quite sometime. But this is what I mean by being hijacked by the Twit. She calls DH and cries that I snubbed her, then she comes to my house and starts problems, totally unexpectedly.

One just never knows where this creature will pop out from. Even though it has only been bad and directed at ME the last two times, it seems that my tolerance for this nonsense is a lot less than it use to be.

She is still not returning DH's calls.

Rags's picture

SDM,

You are obviously a great mom who raised a great kid to amazing womanhood.

Good for you.

Now ... what that the odds that DH will actually do something definitive to solve the problem once and for all? Not very high I would guess. Hopefully DH gets it at least under enough control to keep from being evicted, the house locked up, and your DD taking you home with her.

----Now ... what that the odds that DH will actually do something definitive to solve the problem once and for all?-----

Good question and I honestly don't know right now. BUT, at least he knows that others, my DD, know what a nut I am dealing with.

I am just getting tired, weary, stressed, etc. with all the tension Twit puts on me because one never knows where she is going to come from next.

Morning Cat - Your advice here is being considered. I am hesitant on that because of DH's thereapy needs right now, BUT. I know DD is strongly suggesting what you say.

Skeeter - That is GREAT! Hopefully we will eventually get to that point. After all, I threw DH out once and he had to live with Twit and didn't like it.

Twit doesn't like having people around for very long because, well, when one is just acting normal it gets hard to keep the façade. I saw this when Twit invited her son's fiancée's parents from Europe, to stay with her a few days when they were touring the US. She was an absolute basket case and they were only there 2 days. When someone, like Twit, is hiding things, having others around is something they don't want. She certainly didn't want the girl's parents to know what a nut she is, but when you compare how she treats people, entertains, etc. with how others do it, you can see very clearly she has problems. And, she wants them to think she, and her family, are absolutely perfect! I bet she was really poppin' them pills to try to look normal.

DH and I had them over and they are very nice people. Twit is the one that can't act normally without being the big shot. Case in point, after they left Twit told us that the mother was trying to break the couple up because she didn't want her to come to the US. Twit pompously bragged how SHE had to explain to the woman that the young people have to do their own thing..... Twit knows best. Do I believe that happened, that the fiancée's mother said that? Nope....that is just typical Twit fantasy, bragging about how she is perfect, can handle EVERYTHING, knows everything, etc. I asked Twit's hubby about this and he, took a deep breath and said that he didn't hear it or anything like it, but that is what Twit said. That as far as he heard, the parents were pleased with the match. Felt that he said that rather than saying that Twit was lying about the incident.

hatesteplife's picture

Good for your DD! I hope your DH wakes the hell up and stands up to Twit for you instead of keeping his head in the sand. Or up his ass.

The "truth" may be starting to come out....let's hope so. Yesterday DH mentioned that he got custody of Twit because the Mother couldn't handle her, Twit just didn't/couldn't get along with the Mother and the other siblings. Okay. I then asked how long she was with him. Oh, about 2 1/2 years until she graduated and married right away.

I then, quietly asked him if she had had any counseling. He said she did because she would act out about things, get all emotional about nothing. Any diagnosis? ---- No, he said he was just told b the school counselor. So what did he do? Well, because he worked long hours back then, Twit was on her own quite a bit and he felt he wanted things to be nice when he was around.

Now, from my reading on narcisissts, etc., I find that children are not diagnosed with anything until they reach 21 or so, but it does seem that Twit was off to a good start.

Her first marriage, according to DH, was very volatile. He didn't hear from her much during that marriage, but she was at the opposite end of the country (oh don't I so wish she was there NOW). She did her about how terrible the husband was etc., and that she was divorcing him. He was a jerk, etc. BUT, and here is the interesting thing, she divorced the first hubby and immediately married the second, current one. In fact, she, according to DH, waited to file the divorce papers until the first hubby was off, out of the country, on military duty!

That was all he shared yesterday and I am still thinking about it. I'm sure there is much more to come.

Obviously correct on that. No wonder none of her "babies" (adult children) is anything to brag about.

-------Yikes-Sounds like she's been a whackadoodle for quite some time. It's too bad your DH waited until things are in complete crisis mode to confide in you, that is some serious avoidance there------

You know, I don't think it really mattered until we moved down here by her. When she was 800 miles away we didn't see her that often and she seemed normal on the times we did.

Hi Catlettuce: Thanks for the advice and many of those issues are going to be asked and need to be responded to....in or out of therapy.

I did ask about the high school counseling and there wasn't much he could tell me except that he was called in a few times to the school. Evidently, the ex had all kinds of problems with her but that was put off and the ex didn't want to handle it. Guess it was the Twit that requested she go live with her father back then. From what DH has occasionally indicated, he felt the ex was picking on Twit. Learning this stuff, I don't think so. I am thinking the ex might have been right on and Twit just wanted to get away because she couldn't get away with as much nonsense with her mother. We all know, dad's can be push overs.

In all due respect, I don't things on these mental disorders were as sophisticated as they are now. Doesn't make it right, just that is just the way it was.

This IS going to come to an end one way or the other.

DH has called Twit several times again today and she still is not taking, or returning, his calls. It just now occurs to me that as far as Twit knows, she probably figures her father is really peeved after what happened. She would have no clue that he was upset with me for calling 911 and I hope she never gets one. Heck, I am considering sending her a copy of the police report so she knows and keeps in mind that I mean business.

Well, after days of hiding out and not answering DH's repeated calls and messages to her, Twit called this morning. DH put it on the speaker phone (afterwards he said he didn't want to hide anything from me).

Oh Twit was crying, she is so scared of me because I called the police on her. HOW could I do such a thing? Now EVERYONE knows that she had the police called on her (hey, my neighbors, nice people that they are, have extended families and do talk) and my terrible actions are going to hurt her pot and pan business. Woe is she. How could HE allow me to do such a thing to her? She has been having such a terrible time dealing with the drunkie, the lawyer, that her hormones are all out of wack. She needs to see her doctor to get some different medication. (Haven't we all heard THAT before)

When DH got a word in, he told her she was totally out of line barging in here and screaming at me. That I was right to call the police (WOW, he hadn't told me that before) and if she does it again he will if necessary.

Told her it was HIS decision not to tell me about his surgery because of the way she acts out towards me on things.

Oh how she cried, it was not her fault....I am the one that called the police, he has to understand.

Guess he is going to call her back and set up a time for them to talk. She asked if I was coming because she didn't want me there, in her house. DH told her that I would not be coming....I would be dropping him off and picking him up, but not staying. This situation was between him and her and things had to be straightened out, he isn't going to tolerate her nonsense any more.

Well folks, we will wait to see what happens not. No date or time has been set so who knows. But hearing what DH told her she has got to be thinking of ways to get DH to back her like usual. I bet she is shaking in her boots because he didn't give credence to any of her excuses and was very curt with her. You could tell he was not happy.

That he wants to come down and talk to her about this situation and other things and doesn't want to do it on the phone. She said that, due to his condition she would come up here, but DH told her definitely not.

sandye21's picture

"When DH got a word in, he told her she was totally out of line barging in here and screaming at me. That I was right to call the police (WOW, he hadn't told me that before) and if she does it again he will if necessary." So good to hear this. Ya, she will be trying to get DH to back her but it is all out in the open now. He can't ignore the truth anymore.

Hi fightin - DH says he is going to talk to her about her just staying away from us and getting counseling. That she has gone way too far and it is time to just leave us, and him alone.

Now, I don't know if he will be successful or not, or if she would even leave us alone at that, but here is to hoping.

Now, I am waiting to hear just WHEN he makes the date and time to talk to her. I will give him a day or two and then step in.

If she wants to bonkers on people, treat them like garbage, etc., she can do it to someone else. Heck, her family and her husband's people don't have any thing to do with her. She doesn't know how to treat people....it is all about her.

jam's picture

"Guess he is going to call her back and set up a time for them to talk."

You can not negotiate with a terrorist. Twit wants dh alone so that she can drip her manipulating poison and regain control. It is all about control IMHO. Honestly sdm, I would be afraid to even drop off dh at twits house. You are not safe anywhere around twit. She sounds like the type of person who would eventually hire a hit-man.

Living closer to DD would be nice but we can't tolerate the extreme cold and snow in our golden years. Down here if we get 1 ft. of snow total all winter that is norm. This year was the exception, as it was through much of the country. DD's area was clobbered with snow.

bah's picture

she's batshit crazy. I'm betting DH is in for a manipulation frenzy. Watch your back. These twits can really work the daddy bond.

Bah

Rules of engagement

1) keep it classy
2)don't be a dick

ltman's picture

He needs to meet her in neutral area with plenty of people around. She's bat shit crazy, unpredictable and could be violent with him. Crazy people do crazy things.

Well, DH met with the Twit and, as figured, she went into major crying, poor her, frenzy, according to DH.

He told her that he just can't deal with her and her problems any more and to leave us alone. Do not call, do not send anything, no contact. He is sorry it has come to this but we are both stressed out by her actions. He said he told her that running into our house screeching at me is something that neither he, or I, will tolerate any more.

When I picked him up from Twit's he was walking, as best he can in his condition, down the street away from her house, so I think that speaks volumes. Says he didn't want to sit or stand around the front of her house waiting for me, though I was there pretty quickly.

He didn't say much at that time, it has only come out bit by bit, probably as he can deal with it. Must be tough to have to tell a adult child that you no longer want anything to do with her.

At first, she clogged up our phone with messages crying how she will change, she didn't mean the things she has done. Even the it is HIS fault she is like she is. It is all because of her stress with Drunkie, she is not happy with her husband and wants to leave him but has no where to go, (yeah, I bet. She NEEDS someone because I believe she has a major fear of being alone and having to face herself), her meds and hormones, all the typical BS we generally hear. When I heard that one I told him that it has taken her years to become what she is, long after the few years she lived with him, and she had the option for counseling to deal with it as many children of divorce have.

We use our land line for business so we can't just unplug it....bummer. But both of us are deleting her calls as soon as we see they have come in.....unheard, which is important.

I think DH is going to be down for a bit. THOUGH he did call my DD and told her what he has done regarding Twit. He wants DD to know that he is protecting me the best he can.

Sadly, I don't think Twit will give up this easily but one can hope at this point. Going out antiquing today and for lunch far away from the phone and the house so DH doesn't have to put up with her pleas etc.

Hi Cat - This isn't the first time Twit has used the "I'm leaving my hubby because I am so unhappy" pity line. Sympathy ploy is all it is. Of course her husband may be pulling away from her and she is getting scared, don't know, don't care.

In the past DH use to tell her she would always have somewhere to go - meaning us. This time he told her that she was on her own. He also told her that when his knee gets better, the house is going on the market and we are moving. Of course she cried, she NEEDS him nearby. DH told me that she had the opportunity and ruined it. ME? I said nothing to DH, but I oh so agree. I am not saying much as I think as it sits in with him. Has to be tough.

Told DH to fasten his seat belt for a long bumpy ride from Twit.

sandye21's picture

It is sad it has to come to this but neither you nor your DH has a choice. Even for your DH, a relationship with Twit has just become too high maintenance. I am glad he took what your DD said to him to heart. She deserves a very, very BIG (((HUG))). Like you wrote, this will probably not be the last time you will hear from her. She is so sick it wouldn't be a surprise if she uses the old suicide threat again or something else just as drastic. If she does, you can report it to the police so maybe she WILL get the help she needs.

Hi Sandye - Yes, it is sad things have come to this, but Twit has forced it.

DH called DD about what he had done, regarding Twit, because DD had made it very clear that she was very concerned for my safety and health do to Twit rantings.

Agreed, don't I know that Twit isn't finished with us yet.

Yes, I am sure to DH it is like a death, to have to cut her out of his life. And he has been pretty somber the last couple of days. I just hope he doesn't, at some point, blow up at me and that it was my fault he had to cut her out. That I could not handle, and quite frankly, if he does, that would be the end for us.

I guess Twit's hubby called about how upset she is about things, she feels so bad because of what he said to her and told him that "she doesn't forget". Now what that means, if that is a warning or what, I don't know. Regardless, I already know she doesn't forget because she lives in revenge mode. I noted, to myself, how even now she is playing the pity party mode for her hubby...poor her, she has done nothing, nothing to deserve this. I can just imagine. And if I have any insight into that family, I would bet that Drunkie and Twit's husband are being very, very sympathetic to her - for their own survival.

Umm, perhaps she should have felt bad when she hurt DH and me all those times, but that never bothered her, only when she didn't get her way.

Wait a couple of months when the house gets a For Sale sign in front of it. You can bet she will be "checking" on us to see what we are doing etc.

I am going to an auction tomorrow and so far DH is going along, at least for awhile. I told him already I don't want to hear anything about my saying "Hi/Goodby" etc. to her. I am done. I don't know how he is going to handle it if she is there. That is up to him. And maybe I am already going too far out.....she might not even be there....hopefully.

DD has always been, prior to us moving down here, very nice to Twit, like a sister. But Twit started spreading rumors about DD and acting up to her as well at the holidays.....like a jealous spoiled brat.

DD also got angry when she saw the big, fancy, beautifully wrapped "present" Twit gave me for Christmas the first year we were down here. Oh it looked splendid. Upon opening it, going through the sparkly tissue paper I found.....a cheap, and I mean cheap, ashtray in it, and I don't even smoke! As DD said at the time, she set me up to think I was getting something nice. When I didn't make a big deal out of her cheap present, she started crying how ungrateful I was....that it was the THOUGHT that counted. As DD said, if an ashtray was all she thought about me, a cheap garage sale one at that, that spoke VOLUMES. DD had no use for her after that one. As DD said, the wrapping paper, tissue, etc., fancy ribbon, etc. costs more than the cheap ashtray - she felt Twit meant to really hurt me with that. Caring people just don't do things like that.

Hi 1stepforward. How terribly confusing that must have been for you.

There is no doubt that Twit has "problems". One more thing you have to know about the "gifts" Twit gives, they are always used, from garage sales, thrift shops (she leaves the tags on). Twit seems to get pleasure out of giving dirty, cheap things as gifts BUT she expects her and her "babies" to only receive the BEST from others. If one gives Twit a gift it would never be the thought that counts....it had better be something real nice and expensive....otherwise she cries and pouts. And Twit has no problem spending $$$ on herself, her husband and her "babies" for holidays. Only the best will do for them.

She might be crazy, but she knows what she is doing with the trashy gifts....hence the "it is the thought that counts" excuses. Heck, she gave DH, the same year a greasy cheap used set of grill tools. Knowing what she gave him was garbage, she told him that it was a "beginner set" and when DH learned how to grill (??? he already does) she would get aka SELL him a $100 grill set from her pot and pan company! Can you imagine! Giving a crappy gift and saying if you don't like it and want better she will SELL him a set! She knows what she does here, she just doesn't give a ratz butt but always wants to be on the big gift taking side. Even DH has admitted that her gifts are less than tacky and useless.

I can deal with a lot of things, but this Twit scares the begesus out of me, makes the hair on the back of my neck raise when I am around her. Not a comfortable feeling at all.

DH has been quiet these last few days, and we are avoiding any Twit phone calls, delete them without listening to. Hopefully things will be brighter over the upcoming holiday weekend.

Hi Rising - You are sooo right. Her kind never changes. The only time she is even interested is when she thinks there is something in it for her...like crying in my living room that she was so afraid my DD was going to get everything when we passed and she would be cut out!

That was a ploy for a guarantee of $$ and property, which she did not get from me. She was trying, and trying hard to get something from me.

Yep Cat, you are so right. His options are rather limited now aren't they. He already said that living with Twit was, well, not the best as she starts to get mean even to him after a while.

Me thinks that IF he were ever to have to go live there she would find a state home for him so she wouldn't have to be bothered. And, while bragging to all those fictional friends about how much she was doing for dear ole dad, wouldn't bother with him. He would be lucky if she called him once a year since there would be nothing in it for her as the state would take his SS check money.

As I said Twit isn't going to quit she is gonna try anything and everything she can think of to get DH back into her web.

Last night one of her many, many calls got through to our land line before it went to the answering machine. Oh, now Twitty is having a garage sale and wants to know if DH wants to drop anything off for it. DH and I looked at each other and jointly said to each other NO, not interested.

DH said she has brought this situation on herself by the way she treats not only me, but him as well. I was glad to hear that, but kept my mouth shut figuring I would post my feelings on things here.

Anyway, she said she was not going to be home and gave him a specific time that he should call her back one way or the other - do note specific - always wanting to be in control, our Twit. DH, for some reason, called back to just leave a message that we were not interested and got Twit's hubby so he left a brief message with him. It was very short - thanks for the offer, but no thanks. DH said he did that because he doesn't want her pestering us, through the phone, on that matter. Will be interesting to see what her next step is going to be.

We both know, but left it unsaid between us, that anything a Twit would offer comes with hooks. She never, ever does anything for any one for nothing.

Surprisingly, I am feeling very calm. It is a good feeling to know that people, like my DD and her wonderful husband (who also says Twit is crazy) have my back, just in case.

Hi cat - Amazing, isn't it? Imagine that she thinks, after what DH told her, that he would want to participate in a garage sale with her, or anything else for that matter. But that is how she is.

She blows up, does horrible things and then starts to act like nothing ever happened, all is normal. It is very scary when she does this because as Sandye has pointed out....it is just not normal behavior.

Rising - I am inclined to agree with you. No contact = no contact. DH said he called, just to leave a message declining, because he didn't want her to continue calling all weekend about it. Not that that is going to stop her from clogging our answering machine.

At least he said NO to her latest ploy. I wanted to say he should just leave her be, but I didn't want to start anything with him as his emotions on disengaging from her are still so raw and at the top.

Sigh, being crazy and being use to people giving in to her because her rants and rages scare them, she isn't use to him saying NO to her, much less forever.

At least my stomach isn't all in knots as before due to dealing with that cretin.

You know, once you start to get Twit's number, as I have over the past few years, you start to put all the pieces of the puzzle, the strange things she did and said to me over the years, together and see what a scary thing she is.

Sadly, I expect more carp from her before we get the house listed and sold.

This cretin just doesn't give up. We were gone over the holiday weekend and she clogged the answering machine. This morning she evidently called - it went to machine and I just happened to hear it before erasing it. Twit wants to know if we want her to bring one of her "babies" up to take the wood to the dump, to just let her know. Okay, DH asked for help with this wood over 3+ years ago!!! Twit was always too busy and would let him know. Fortunately, we have some real nice neighbors who help us with it and hauled it to the dump.

I actually laughed when I heard this from her....she is reaching for ways to make contact with DH.

DH has been adjusting. The other day we were talking something about lawyers, and DH brought up Drunkie and how Twit has already had that DUI going on for 15 months and will probably, according to him, drag it on for another 5 years because she doesn't want Drunkie to face the music and pay the fine. He was disgusted and I stopped him from talking about her by "suggesting" that we not ruin our day by bringing Twit or Drunkie up. It is not our problem. Did it very sweetly and DH agreed.

So far so good, Twit hasn't gotten through to us or showed up. I feel the weight lifting off my shoulders, and it feels good. My stomach is starting to unclench.

Now I feel I would like to share some of the strange, erie things that Twit has said and done in the past 4+ years. Many would curl your toes. At first one doesn't believe or understand what one just heard or witnesses, but then, with knowledge and the help of you good folks the pattern comes together and the reality of what Twit is sets in. It isn't pretty.

FWIW, here is just one example of Twit talk. I had broken the clasp on my watch while Twit was around. I asked if she knew a good place to take it to have it fixed. Twit responded - in front of DH of course - "Oh, my hubby fixes jewelry (he was there) and will fix it for you BUT only after he fixes the broken costume jewelry I have.....and I have a lot of broken costume jewelry to be fixed. DH thought it was so wonderful, what she offered. When I pointed out to him, later, that what she really said was not to bother her hubby with my watch, DH got on me about that, that was not what she said. He disagreed. Regardless, I went and found someone to fix the clasp. But DH was so proud of the Twit for offering.

You know, when I hear things like that from Twit one really has to wonder if you hear it right, but you do. She talks like this a lot, about a lot of things and it is very confusing....meant to be confusing so she can twist it any which way she likes. Knowing this cretin like I do now, you can bet she would have pitched a fit at DH if I had given the watch to her husband to be fixed because SHE has so much costume jewelry to be fixed FIRST.

Or the time the 4 of us, back 4 years ago, were at an antique mall and she, right in front of the counter, started eating (I don't want to get more graphic) her hubby's ear! At first I thought she was whispering to him, but she wasn't. It was so embarrassing and inappropriate!

Or the dancing in my driveway proclaiming that she was not normal and had never been normal.

And these are some of the minor ones. I think getting them off my chest to someone will really help because I feel I am holding secrets for her.

Like when she bragged to me, after having her hair cut, that her boss told her to grow it back because he didn't like it. And her boss had to keep his wife away from her, and the hour long phone calls he made to her. How her boss cried to her that his wife was abusing their children (all under 5). Twit would dress up to the 9's going to work in a trailer office. When I asked why her boss did these things? She got all upset crying to my DH that I was accusing her of having an affair! I didn't accuse her of anything, I just asked why her boss did those things and that if the children were being abused she should let children services know. Shortly after that, her husband made her quit that job....wonder why?

Or the old man in her neighborhood she claims is lusting after her, talking in appropriate to her, etc. YET, she will tell you she invites him over for dinner etc, has coffee with him.... Heck, I have met this man and he has always been very nice, polite, etc. when I have seen him. I think Twit is delusional on this and craving for attention on how desireable she is. But about the boss....I do believe she was having an affair from the way she talked, acted, etc. It was like she wanted us to know, but didn't want any one to comment on her cheating.

What I am trying to say is that she actually brags about the things she does, appropriate or not, and then gets upset that you know about them. It is like she has no moral compass about many things.

.....She's a whackadoodle and she will be back at your house soon-......

Oh catlettuce, pray it ain't so. But I fear you are right on. She is reaching for things now and in the past that usually means will surface soon. Darn. My guess is that she will do something around father's day to try to get her claws back into DH.

Morning Cat - I sooo agree. I figure Twit will contact DH on Father's Day, not because she cares a ratz arse about him, as she has shown in the past, but because she sees it as a way to show me. A look how nice I am to my daddy and I don't give a hoot about SDM.

THAT, my friend, is how the cretin thinks. She is gonna fix me. Would be funny if it wasn't so tragic that she behaves like that.

What the very sad thing is that for years, when her husband's father was alive, they would make a big thing out of Father's Day for him, take him to dinner, out camping, big BBQ, etc., yet for her own father all he rates was a quick drive by to pick up her wine (we were keeping it here so Drunkie wouldn't get to it), and an "Oh, Happy Father's Day" on the way out of the driveway. Wasn't even here 5 minutes, for which I am thankful but DH was hurt.

Nope, tasers are not allowed.

Me, I just steer clear of her when I am out antiquing, auctions, etc. Though it is tiring, feeling like prey and never knowing when the Twit is going to strike.

So agree there, Cat.

I told my counselor about that particular incident. She thought it very strange, and telling, at her choice of words -- not normal and never had been.

Good news, so far DH is holding is own against Twit. We were at an auction Sat. and I won a whole box of crystal upscale paperweights. Twit showed up at the auction I spotted her but said nothing BUT, when she saw DH carrying the box of pricey paperweights, she went running up to him - oh how glad she was to see him, ignoring me, which was just fine. She started asking what DH was going to do with the paperweights - she collects them and they were pricey and hard to find. I chimed in that they were for sale in our store. The immediate crestfallen look on her face was priceless....she was hoping DH would give them to her.....free of course. DH told her the same thing - we have a business and she can buy them, if she wants them, from our store. You see, Twit would in the past tend to ignore what I said and try to wheedle DH to give her something for free, of course).

She, not getting what she wanted from DH, immediately started crying, turned and left tears running down her face 'cause that is how she operates. She expected DH to go after her and offer her the paperweights so the poor little cretin would feel better, assage her poor greedy feelings, give her what she wants. Didn't happen. I know that must have shocked the begesus out of Twit because that is one of the ways she gets what she wants.

I think she left shortly thereafter because I didn't see her in the crowd later. Too bad, so sad.

DH said, on his own, going home that he wasn't going to give her a cheaper price or anything. That we are a business and (this was interesting to me) many times she would beg, cry for something from him and then turn around and sell it to make a buck! Yep, she does this, but prior to this DH never said anything, almost seemed like he never noticed.

Maybe, friends, maybe DH is finally getting the message. Yippy for a win on my side!

sandye21's picture

So glad to hear your DH is using tough love to deal with Twit. It is going to be tough for Twit for a while because over-exaggerated drama was met with submissive response from your DH for so long. It worked for them, as sick as it sounds. I have to admit my SD was never as dramatic as Twit but looking back she and DH did not have a relationship which allowed personal growth for either one of them.

It's taken Twit 50 years to get to the point where Twit is, it will take a while to realize the world has changed for her and the drama M.O. no longer works.

My SD felt betrayed because DH decided to work on the marriage instead of leaving as I think she was led to believe. For the last 4 1/2 years DH has been non-existent to her. It makes me wonder what would have happened if my DH had actually insisted that his daughter respect me in my own home. The outcome would be no different because SD would have still thought her Father betrayed her. The good news is I no longer have to out up with her rude, abusive behavior anymore. DH has given up trying to communicate with SD.

Eventually, Twit is going to turn on your DH because he has 'deserted' her. Let's hope she will pay him back by a long 'silent treatment'. LOL

Morning Sandye - I think you are right. For a long time, when DH talked to Twit on the phone, I would hear him say "No, she didn't say that". whenever he wasn't giving Twit whatever she wanted. She would always blame it on me. Guess, in her warped thinking it was better than facing the truth....she is losing her grip on dear ole dad.

From the last episode which ended with my calling 911, I am still the bad guy.

Good morning Rising - Sadly, I think you are right. For years I have been the bad guy. Some of those years DH allowed that to happen...until I threw him out. It is going to take that cretin more time than average, I am afraid, to get the message that it is not me, but DH that wants no more to do with her.

And yes, she will ramp up.

You know, DH has been working on dealing with her, but I think it took months for him to get the real picture on what was going on...that and me throwing his butt out. Now it will probably take an undetermined time for Twit to get the message. She is quick with excuses, cunning etc., but she isn't really that smart on a lot of things.

Once, a few years back, after she acted up nastily to me, and I told her what I thought about her behavior, she looked me in the eyes and said, with a smirk: "I (Twit) require unconditional love"!

Well, she doesn't get unconditional love from me.....I LOATHE the cretin. Sad, because it didn't have to be that way.

I am posting things that the evil Twit has done because it give me relief to be able to tell people. This after years of DH poo pooing me, telling me Twit didn't mean what she said, I misunderstood, etc. THAT, my friends, was one of the reasons my DD stepped in to this matter.

It was obvious to all that DH knew something about Twit that he didn't want revealed, shall we say. That he felt he had to placate her because she would run off or too him crying about how she had been maligned by me or whomever. She is real good at blowing up at me and then crying to DH about how badly she was treated eventhough I had done nothing but be shocked. THAT is her mode of operation.

Well, this morning DD called and she, her hubby and the grandkids are coming down later this week to spend a week with us. She also wants to check up on what is going on....reinforce to DH that this Twit BS has to stop.

Like some of you have posted, people now know about Twit, the police, my DD has spoken up, and made it known that it is not appropriate. You see, until I threw DH out over a year ago, I felt I was being pushed into a corner, isolated, told that things that were said to me were not so, etc. When this first starts, one is confused, what just happened? I know what I heard and what I saw.

When I said enough was enough, DH started to get the idea I was damn well serious. And in all due respect, he has been working on it, and has made progress, but Twit is a mighty twisted opponent.

This situation is going to get solved one way or the other and DH knows it. Sadly, I do expect her to surface again, probably Father's Day as she will see that as an opportunity.

sandye21's picture

SDM, Has your DH ever apologized for doubting you or discounting what you went through with Twit? My DH never has, and I wonder if he did that I would have a heck of a lot more respect for him. We seem to be doing fine in our marriage but it feels like there is something lingering - unfinished. A long time ago a man wrote a book, 'Love Means Never Saying You're Sorry'. Boy! Was HE mis-informed!

Sandye - I totally understand where you are coming from on this. No, DH has never apologized for doubting, discounting and taking Twit's stance against me even when proven Twit was wrong and lying.

I agree, it would be a lot better if he did because, like you say, there is unfinished business on his part. Maybe that is what I am feeling now, still unvalidated because I had to defend myself, not only against Twit, but against him at times for things that were nutty. I am also pizzed that he kept the Twit secret so long, even though he really has not said what is actually wrong with her.

At times I felt like I was being cornered by Twit and him, outnumbered. The nice thing now is that DD has let it be known that she knows what is going on and doesn't approve of it at all regarding Twit. And, as DD says, there is also the police report. Just think, all those people that listen to police scanners know what happened and even more people talk. Twit is so peeved, as she has told DH, that I did that. Gee, that behavior on her part and the Drunkie, well, not a real good family picture is it....I bet the Twit really doesn't like her "perfect" life being exposed for the lie it is.

As DD says, when someone tells you they are evil, crazy, etc., believe them.

I want to say, it took DD awhile to really get a grasp on what was going on with Twit as well.

But, as she and I discussed, when Twit tells you she is having an affair, brags about how her boss has to keep her away from his wife etc., and then goes off the deep end screaming and crying to DH that I accused her of having an affair with her then boss, that is nutz. It was as though Twit wanted me to acknowledge how "beautiful and desireable" she was....bragging. Same when she stole the contacts from the other team member she was working with. Twit bragged about it, it wasn't her fault. I recall asking about the team member and was told that "the loser quit".

I find it very disturbing when I would hear what she was saying. Also, disturbing was that when she said such things in front of DH or her husband, they both acted like it was normal! For a long time I didn't understand that but now I know it is because Twit goes off in such tangents that no one wants to cross her. Very scary.

I want to clarify something. Regarding my feeling like I am being cornered etc., it is from Twit. Being predatory she see and thinks that I am fair game because she could and did manipulate DH against me. That is changing. Just as she thinks DH will back her, as he did in the past, I now have my DD stepping up and being seen - thus it isn't just me Twit has to go after.

sandye21's picture

It really feels good to be validated doesn't it? Before I joined Steptalk, I thought I was going insane - being accused of things I didn't do, 'misinterpreted', over-reacting, etc. when I was being grouped up on by SD,her Husband and my DH. That is why I check out ST every day. I also had the backing of DH's family who will not allow SD in their homes because of how rudely she has treated them. I haven't had any exposure to SD in 4 1/2 years but have learned so much from ST and now feel good when I can tell a new poster, "No, it's not your imagination. No, you are NOT over-reacting. Rudeness is STILL rudeness, abuse is STILL abuse and nuttiness is still nuttiness - no matter whom it is from." This, my dear SDM, is what you have been going through - and I am sure this (plus love) is what prompted your DD to step up and say it's has to stop.

Sandye - It sure does feel good to be validated. And I truly appreciate your insight into Twit. As I said, when this first started when we moved down here, I was very confused by Twit talk and DH telling me I misunderstood, she didn't mean it. The truth is YES, she meant it.

When our counselor told me what she believed Twit was, based on things I had told her and what DH had confirmed, DH didn't want to hear it. He said he knows what she is. I want to know, then, if he knew, why did he subject me to the cretin and back her up.

DD didn't have any preconceived view of Twit until Twit started spreading lies about DD and DD saw what was going on, toward me, at Christmas etc. Then, when she started talking to me and I started opening up she got the picture real clear. Now it is no longer Twit, and at times DH, against me, but DD AND the police report on my side. I am certain Twit is livid.

She has been laying low and that does not bode well. I almost hope she surfaces when DD is here. Boy, would Twit be in for the surprise of her life!

Hi notasm - Thank you so much for your insight. It makes a lot of sense.

>>>>>>>>>I think the true judge of a person is not just how they treat you but how they treat others.<<<<<<<<<

This is oh so true and exactly what I think. I once, well more than once for it to sink in, told my daughter, when she struck up a friendship with someone I didn't approve of, that she should pay attention to how her friend treated others because sooner or later she would get around to you. Took a bit, but she found out that I was right, abiet the hard way. But she did tell me, later in life, that she remember that "friend" and what I said and keeps it in mind when dealing with people.

Good morning notasm - So true on how one treats people. DH is like your hubby, and I am too. My motto, when I worked, was to treat people well as one moves up the ladder in business because sooner or latter you are going to be dealing with those same people on the way down. AND, most importantly, people, regardless of what they do, etc. deserve respect. I have long believed in, and still practice the Golden Rule.

As I have said, with Twit, she actually seems to brag about the mean and cruel things she does. I don't know if she is just proud of herself because being cruel makes her feel superior, or she was just warning me. Regardless, I didn't, and don't, like what I heard.

As I posted here earlier, DD is here this week with her family. We are all having a nice visit
But I just have to share this with you all.

Seems, while we were fixing breakfast this morning, Twit called....again.... DD saw her name on the caller ID and picked it up saying, sweetly: "AND, what is it you want." Upon hearing DD's voice Twit hung up and hasn't called since then. She is probably shocked and peeved at the same time. Give her time, the rage her kind is well known for is probably building. But for now, peace.

Love it!

Yes, Cat, but now Twit is calling all the time demanding, demanding I tell you, to know just why my DD was here! Only know this because once in awhile we hear her rants before it goes to the answering machine. Generally, when we see the call is from Twit and she left a message, it just gets DELETED as it should.

Give her time, with her mental problems she is probably huffing, puffing, frothing at the mouth, etc because she WANTS to know! Meanwhile, I am enjoying the quiet knowing that the storm will break in a few weeks. Twit just cannot contain herself. It is sad, and tiring that we live under these battleground conditions.

Meanwhile, DD and I are checking out real estate in the area we plan to move. DD says that in August she and her hubby will come down and he can stay with DH while she and I fly out and check some things out. Unfortunately, where I want to look is extremely hot in August....grr. I would hate to have two homes, but I could always rent this one out for a good price as it is in a desirable area.

DD suggested this because she too doesn't like the idea of our leaving our house with the Twit around. DD has her number and doesn't like her or trust her.

Hi Cat - My take is that Twit is envious of DD. Also, Twit has staked us out, so to speak, therefore we should have nothing to do with my DD. Hey, Twit is crazy, what can I say.

And you are right about my SIL staying with DH while DD and I go house hunting. SIL can keep the Twit away and keep her hands off my property. Honestly, even the time she came by in January I felt I should could the silver just to be sure none of it walked away.

For what it is worth, here it is, right before Father's Day and DH has not received a card from the Twit. Probably because she is peeved that her numerous calls aren't being returned. Maybe she is getting the message? I hope so, but some how think not.

AVR1962's picture

What your daughter did was courageous but I will say that her involvement could make things worse. If she has a good relationship with your husband this could make things between them turn. My daughters have always got along and respected my husband. They certainly know the stress I have been thru with husband's sons but they would never step in and I do not want them to. I think it has the potential to make matters in the extended family even more tense. It has to be hard to watch from your daughter's side but perhaps instead of leaning on your daughter for support and telling her everything that is going on you should scale-down what she is aware of?

One thing too that I have learned about husband an his promises is that he doesn't always follow thru as promised when it actually comes down to facing his sons. Perhaps not your sitaution but I would want to be present when your husband faces his son. It's time to get closure on the issues and you are in the mix. I feel you need to be present.

Hi AVR - Didn't have to share much with my DD about how Twit acts because she has seen it first hand and even experienced Twit's maliciousness herself.

I did, however, share the calling of the police on the Twit when she came barging in as, well, when DD called that day I was still shook up. DD said she has long noticed how tense, anxious, etc. I was becoming. When she saw us last summer and at Christmas she knew something was very, very wrong for me.

With things escalating with Twit because she is losing her hold on DH, DD is very concerned. Her education has given her some insight into various type of personalities (she is a school teacher). They see it all. As DD, she was getting very concerned for me and thus wants to make sure I am protected. DH knows Twit is nutz. He talked to DD about Twit and her wanting money from us to buy an RV last summer....the old we could buy it together and share it line. DH told DD that there was no way that would happen, and I later caught DH crying because of the nonsense Twit pulls.

DD says she doesn't want to get involved, but someone has to be on my side as DH has wavered at times. She is afraid for my safety. Thus you may get an idea of just how much of a monster I am dealing with.