You are here

Gee! I was betting on the suicide threat again. You just can't second guess Twit!

shes driving me crazy in my retirement's picture

Sandye posted this on a different post of mine and she was soo right, to a point. You just can't second guess Twit.

Latest Twit crisis left on our machine is that her oldest loser (30, majorly overweight, only works part time as a grocery store stocker) is having a crisis where he is talking that way. Oh Dad, what should I do, she wailed. Call me.

DH was about to grab the phone and call her but I checked him and said let's talk about this before you dive into any Twit crisis.

Overweight has been that way for over 10 years and Twit has never done anything to try to get him to slim down. He is so heavy that if he sits down etc., he has to have help getting back up. Twit helps him out by buying him cars when he needs one (old cars because he ruins the seats in them with his weight), feeding him and thinking it is just great that he is working his part-time job as a stock boy. (Ah, what ambition). Just like with Drunkie, Twit enables this other loser.

I asked DH just what he can do about her situation? That stopped him from calling her because there is nothing he can do. He advised her years ago to get the young man into counseling and a weight loss program but even back then Twit was crying that this one was always telling her he was going to die young.

DH decided to leave it be as it is not our problem. Even he said that any suggestions he would make to her about what to do she would tell him that she "has already done them" and cry. She doesn't want help, she wants pity, and away to get back in with DH.

But, I tell you, Twit will tell you that she is PERFECT, with the PERFECT family, etc. She KNOWS how to handle things. Yeah, right. IMHO, none of us our perfect by any means (the only one that was died on the cross for us), but watch out for those that claim they are. They are IMHO the crazies.

carriedear's picture

What a mess she made of her kids. Good for your dh for not getting sucked in. He needs to tell his kids directly to get their shit together, though. No point in advising their mom on how to handle them.

sandye21's picture

I agree with Carriedear. At 30 years old, it's a little late. And I will bet if anyone tried to help him he would be in gross denial like his Mother is. Twit is looking for pity, using her son, thinking the suicide threat will be more believable than if Twit is threatening it. Since he is your DH's Grandson (blood relative), Twit is hoping she can reel him in. The problem is, her son IS committing a slow suicide. Sad.

Yes, Sandye, it is too late for this one because he just doesn't seem to care. Why should he, he gets his needs met....Momma Twit still takes care of him, takes him out for clothes etc.

I have to wonder what the h*ll was going on all those years when he was growing up that he got this big and no one tried to get him help. As I have said, I only saw Twit a few times a year, maybe, and see didn't seem that off the wall then; probably because I wasn't around long enough. These last 4 years have been a real eye opener! DH said he talk to her several times about this one and getting him help with his weight and even suggested counseling for him as something must be bothering him. Needless to say, Twit isn't going near a counselor for fear that her perfect image (the one in her mind) will be exposed.

The Perfect Twit is obviously far less than perfect and that is why she is so secretive about everything. She has no real friends, other than Wacky Auntie. I am starting to believe that there is something she is hiding, and I believe it has to do with her. There is something seriously wrong with that family.

As I said, I met her Mother once and she was okay. But I do know the Mother has a sister, whom I refer to as Wacky Auntie, another loon who is really off the wall. Wacky and Twit talk a lot. Personally, I think one of the reasons Twit has so many problems with her Mother, and the fact the Mother will have nothing to do with Twit is due to the Crazy Auntie and all the "story telling" aka gossip that goes on. But not my problem. Met Wacky two or three times and it was obvious there was something wrong. Also, you can sometimes see crazy in people's eyes. Wacky is one of those. She is one, like Twit, that the hair on the back of your neck raises when they are around alerting you to danger - not physical danger so to speak, but to watch out something isn't quite right.

My problem is keeping DH away from the trap Twit is setting. DD is going to be here this weekend, as her husband is coming with her and staying with DH while DD and I go house hunting. Cross your fingers. Won't be out of here by Christmas, but hopefully in 2016 we will be gone from crazy land where Twit lives.

hatesteplife's picture

If your DH likes his grandson, maybe he can call him directly just to chat and see how he is? But he doesn't need to feed into Twit's drama and jump to HER rescue.

Dunwiththem's picture

SDM, narcissism can indeed run in families. God knows, I was involved in them for over 20 years. If i talk to the wives, I hear repeated patterns of behaviour. Narcissism is a disorder to be avoided. There is nothing you can do to change them, though you can waste (and many have) a lifetime trying.

Hi Dunwiththem - Thanks for the info on this. I would tend to agree. Sadly, IMHO, the children that aren't narcissists turn into people like Overweight and Drunkie because they, even at their young ages, don't understand crazy.

I would put a bet that the third one, I bet he has the same issues that haven't come all to light yet. He, too, is very quiet and secretive and gets along great with Momma Twit.