You are here

Blood is ALWAYS thicker than water

88keys2happiness's picture

Just a reminder to all of you. YOU can't win. I have finally accepted that fact. I am water. AND I am a river! Wink

sterlingsilver's picture

my ss18 used that line a lot when he lived with us. His dad kicked him out when he threatened me with "as long as you're with my dad I will make your life miserable". "blood" didn't work for him that time! Marriage trumped!

Butterflykissesandlicks's picture

Yeah, DH knows better here, too. It will be me who is there holding his hand and helping him pee and bathe, at 75 years old. He knows it too. Wink

2Step's picture

Stupid saying. Blood is thicker than water. But guess what? Love is thicker than blood.

herewegoagain's picture

About the 3rd time I saw my SIL she let me know that if a girl did NOT get along with the family, the family would ALWAYS win as..."blood was thicker than water"...that didn't work...that was 13 1/2 yrs ago...then 11yrs ago she told me the same when I was pregnant...she just KNEW that DH would dump me then because of issues with her, skid, etc...well, that didn't work...and as time has passed, well, one by one DH has put aside...first he stopped talking to SIL, then he stopped the manipulation from SKID/BM, then his mother and then his brother...which funny, the ONLY two that he seems to NOT have put aside are ME and "HIS STEPDAD" lol So much for blood is thicker than water...lol