You are here

Almost Time For Another Baby.

Lady's picture

Its getting very close to SDIL due date.SS wont tell his dad the due date(LOL) We know its around the early week in December.We will be informed like we did the last time. DIL went to have her first baby.SD called her dad and told him DIL was in the hospital(DH own son wouldnt call his dad to tell him)they were afraid I would show up with my Dh.So SD calls and tells Dh he needs to be at the hospital.SD tells DH if you want to bring your wife them bring her and if she gets her feelings hurt well who gives a rip.So crazy me goes with my DH to the hospital I really didnt think they would act up in front of people so I went and DH wanted me to go with him also so I went.(A lesson well learned) They treated me like a piece of crap and succeded and did hurt my feelings really bad.That was it for me .That was the last chance I will ever give them.

This time when DIL goes into the hospital and SD calls her dad saying bad things about me and saying if she comes and she gets her feelings hurt then who cares.I wont let it slide this time .I am sooooo looking forward to standing my ground with her. After 7 years of her and her family walking all over me Im gonna get it all out and I dont care who gets mad.I dont have one thing to lose .I have got my eye on my target and i will do some damage .They have drove me to where I am today.I know I will fell a lot better when I tell her what I have to say. She will be in for a shock.I also will not be at the hospital this time or any time.Im just waiting on SD phone call.

StickAFork's picture

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. It amazes me that people can carry their issues and grudges for years and well into adulthood. What a waste of energy.

I try to not ever go where I'm not wanted. Really, no good can come of it, and chances are that I don't want to be there, either. That's how I handled SD's graduation, and I don't regret it.

BTW, your last few sentences sound like they're all about revenge. You're plotting (eye on the target) and plan to "do some damage." First, rise above that pettiness. They aren't your therpist, and unloading will accomplish nothing. Second, you're planning on doing this when a baby is coming into this world? That's just bad juju. Sad

jennaspace's picture

I think we all get to the point where we fantasize about how we will put them in their place, really make em' squirm. When we finally get to that point we can get the crazies. If we act out on our impulses, then we arm them with proof of our problematic natures. It reminds me of the movie "Anger Management".

Truth is, skids and MIL never cared that much about my opinion in the first place or they wouldn't have acted like they did.

Disengaging took care of the insane desire to say or do something monumental enough to achieve the empathy that eluded me. After awhile you get so mad that storming in after someone just had a baby starts to seem pretty reasonable.

Maybe this desire should be taken as a sign that more distance is needed.

I love the bad juju advice Smile

herewegoagain's picture

PS - just remember NO GIFTS for the kids of these idiots. You know, men NEVER remember those things...ONLY WE DO...if he goes without you, he is an ahole...if he goes and allows them to treat you that way, he is ALSO an ahole...good luck...I'd tell them all to f#$%ck off!

Lady's picture

I know it wont do any good for me to lose my temper.My DH really needs to defend me a lot more.He can start to tell them he wont put up with their behavior towards me and all 3 of his kids make him stick his head in the sand. I hope I will get back to normal someday.

Lady's picture

I know it wont do any good for me to lose my temper.My DH really needs to defend me a lot more.He can start to tell them he wont put up with their behavior towards me and all 3 of his kids make him stick his head in the sand. I hope I will get back to normal someday.

godess-clueless's picture

I can't imagine my DH even being remotely interested in being at the hospital for the arrival of a grandchild or any of his great grandchildren. Now days the mom is in and out so quickly it is just as easy to wait and visit at the home when she feels up to visitors.

I came from a generation when birthing a child was a time for the couple to have the privacy and bonding time together. Friends and family made brief visits. I have never been invited to join any of the hospital births by SK's and would not want to.

Like I mentioned, I am different generation. I stepped aside and stayed out of the whole delivery process when my grandchildren were born. The new born's father would be with the mom. I would join after the birth. I have seen pictures posted on facebook of DH's family at birth time. The room is so packed before and after the event that all I can think is that the whole thing is a bit rediculous.

Natalia Ely's picture

This crowding around the birthing mother does seem a little weird. Why should anyone but the hospital personnel and mother's husband/labor coach see this event.

If my daughter invited me to the birth, I'd go. If it was a difficult one, on the plus side, I'd be close at hand to castrate my SIL. Why vent when there's medical equipment ready for use?

On the minus side, my feelings about the new born might be damaged forever.

I hope this birth as a party trend doesn't go so far as to include any older children. If children MUST learn about birth by actually seeing it, wouldn't a mother cat suffice? I suggest adopting a pregnant one from the local SPCA. Say thanks to MomCat by giving her a permanent home and finding homes for her kittens.