You are here

What would you do? Please help me!

losingmymind's picture
Forums: 

I have a sd that I love very much. She gets to come to my dh and I every other weekend. We also get her on one night during the week.
My sd's bm is always trying to make herself out to be some kind of victim. She makes it seem that my dh isn't really interested in his daughter but that is so far from the truth.
My dh is estranged from his mother and brother recently. Mainly because they voice their opinions about everyone and everything including the bm and do not make any effort to hide it in front of the children. My dh and I do not feel that kind of behavior is right for the children to hear. My dh and I have three children together.
The Bm who was mind you kicked out of my dh's brother's house in the past, does not get along with his family but now is communicating with them and allowing them to come and get my sd and has just even let my sd spend the night out with them so that the bm can work (she lied and said in court that she didn't have a job). This is driving me crazy.
I don't care if she sees them. We know that we can't stop her for doing what she does on her time.
What is frusterating is that my sd suffers from anxiety for some reason and it doesn't hurt anyone but my sd.
Any insight from anyone would be helpful. I just don't know what to do.
We would love to have sole custody of her but we have been told that we would have to prove her unfit and we aren't sure just how much or what a judge would say.