You are here

How much give do you give?

losingmymind's picture

I don't know if you all have exact set in stone dates and times with SKs but if you don't how much give do you give on arrangements?

Bm is expecting. DH is supposed to have SD for the entire month of July but agreed to let her go back early for the arrival of her new sibling. So Bm had a due date of the last week in July. Now as of today she is saying that the doctor says it could be any day so of course she is wanting SD back. She wants to work out an arrangement that would work for both. Okay....that being said...we all know that unless you have a scheduled induction or c-section you never know when a baby will be delivered. I know I personally was dialated for like two months before my oldest son came. You just don't know. So how much rope do you give?

I would want SD to be there if I had a baby but at the same time.....it isn't fair that DH has to go without his already planned time in less than a two week notice at best or am I wrong?

sparky's picture

Thats a big difference in the time, from the end of July until the middle of June. I would not be in a big hurry to send her back. Why can't she call when she goes to deliver and then you can send her back. Or otherwise plan to send her back the last week of July.

Angel's picture

that these are special circumstances and some exception is in order. What does the child want to do?

I really wouldn't get involved.

everythinghappens4areason's picture

I agree with sparky....why could it be almost anyday for her delivery date? What are the circumstances surrounding this if she was originally due the end of July???

How far away do you live from the BM? Is it close enough so that at the first sign of her going into labour, you could take SD to her so she can be there for the arrival of the new sibling?

Corie

losingmymind's picture

We live 700 miles away so that would not be possible to just on a whim make a flight. BM is supposed to pay for this flight since she was the one that wanted SD back to her for a week interruption of DH's summer. This was agreed back in March.

I'm not getting in the middle of anything here. As a matter of fact it was me that advised DH that he needed to let SD go back for this when it was agreed. I am a mom too so I was trying to put myself in her place.

The only circumstance that has changed is that BM says that she went to the doctor and is dialated. (didn't say how much) and that she says that her doctor is skeptical whether or not it will be within the next 3 weeks.

My only question is that if DH lets SD go back and the baby doesn't come until the end of July as scheduled then he is just A@* out and can't see her or is he being difficult if he says sorry...he agreed to let her go home two weeks early and is sticking to it.

Oh, BTW...BM hasn't not made flight arrangements yet for the July 1st return that is her responsibility and personally I think that is what this is all about.