You are here

Step Son Changing all entitlements to his name

Amarah Leigh's picture
Forums: 

Hi Everyone, I am married to my husband for 11 years. I got 1 child when I meet him and is divorced with 3 children and we got our own child who is only 2 years old, when his 3 children found out I am pregnant they stop talking to my husband until recently my husband son just came up with all his plans about how to handle my husband finances because he think he is a genius being a accountant, My husband son wanted my husband to change all of my husband property, shares and saving to put on his name and my husband think it is great so that he can easily get his pension, but what's really hurting me is I am the wife, and we got 2 years old child who just started to live in this world who is not even know much in living. I told my husband that his son opion is selfish all he worried is to make sure that He and his 2 other sister from his first married will get everything. Honestly I don't care about if I'm not getting anything all I'm worried is my youngest child future. Can anybody advice me if what action should I do, should I divorce my husband I am so stress. I left my family overseas to live with my husband abroad without any family around me but he just brushed my entitlement as his wife.

JRI's picture

No, this is not right.  Please talk to a lawyer, if only for the sake of your child.

Survivingstephell's picture

You have rights as a legal married wife. Get your butt to a lawyer and know exactly how it plays out in your state.  Look into life  insurance for you and child in case he dies before bio is 18.  You would get some social security but you will need more for daycare, college and stuff that make life easier.  I'd cut him off for all adult activities until this is settled to your satisfaction but I play hard ball on stuff like this. No way would I stand for my child going without so an adult can steal it away from them.  

Rags's picture

Time for a lawyer.  If your DH won't provide equitably for your  joint young child then you have to force it.

Good luck.

CLove's picture

Thats very sad that the person you should be able to trust is proving untrustworthy.

Get a lawyer and see what your rights are in the country you reside in. Im not quite sure what your husband is thinking, but obviously its not of you. Id be livid if something like that happened. But I am very Queen Bee about my marriage and home.