You are here

Easiest way to give them back???

instantfamily's picture
Forums: 

My skids have been a nightmare since they came into my life about three years ago. They've just gotten worse over time and finally the youngest said (again) that she wants to go live with her mom (worthless ex-junkie). So, after a particularly bad couple of weeks with the skids hitting, kicking, biting and spitting on us we sat them down and asked them calmly if they wanted to stay here or go live with their mother. SS11 is currently grounded and eventualy said "Yes, because I don't like being grounded". Biomom has no rules. SD7 said yes, of course, because it was her idea. So many hours in therapy with them we will never get back!

Here's my question. What's the easiest way to flip the visitation around as well as the child support? I don't want to give a lawyer tons of cash but this is our chance to be skid free and I don't want to get hosed by biomom for more CS or something like that. She currently gets away with around $600/month for both kids.

Anyone have experience with this?

instantfamily's picture

We don't pay child support. We receive it. Frankly it is not enough to put up with their now violent behavior. If dad stands in the way of them going to mom's, they will turn all of their hate toward him for keeping them from being with the parent they want. Thanks for the advice on back posts- I'll check it out.

I know this seems like the easy way out but I'm tired of being a punching bag for two children. Almost 12 is big enough to leave bruises and I'm pretty sure my shoulder's torn and thumb is sprained. We've been in therapy with them for 3 years and have tried several different approaches. We are just exhausted and don't know what else to try.

exhaustedmommy's picture

DO NOT give up on those kids...once you "give up" it will almost be impossible to get them back.

Orange County Ca's picture

If the bio-mother is willing simply write down a agreement.

Both parties sign in front of a Notary and that's it. No court is going to find someone in violation of a court order with such a document in existence. In fact no court gives a damn what is going on unless someone complains - they don't even know. Nobody is going to complain if they've signed a agreement.

No lawyers no court everyone happy.

instantfamily's picture

Thanks, OC! I hope it's that easy and we will try to go this route before anything else. We'll see what happens. It's my DH's call in the end and I know he's struggling with what the right thing to do is.