You are here

BM refuses to reimburse BD for half of "incidentals"

NakedBee00's picture
Forums: 

Per the divorce agreement both BM and BD are to equal split school field trips, sports equipment, uncovered medical/dental ect. BM takes care of this for the most part and BD will reimburse BM for half. The problem is when BD takes care of this and sends BM her share of the bill she never pays it.  Purposely! Since BM handles this mostly it only comes out to like $20 month she is not paying but still. Some months more some less. Its really not worth going back to court over BUT since BD pays BM child support he was thinking of just deducting what BM owes him from what he owes BM in monthly child support. I wanted to get everyones thoughts on this as I know how the wonderful family court is about messing with the child support amount. It will definitely piss BM off but will it piss the court off do you think?

ndc's picture

I don't think I'd mess with CS, but I'd keep track and deduct what she hasn't paid from the next reimbursement BM requests.

simifan's picture

I agree with ndc. Withholding child support could get him into trouble, just keep track & receipts & add that to any reimbursement to BM. Be prepared for a tirade. 

DaniellaR's picture

Keep track of what she owes him on an invoice that you send monthly. When she requests reimbursement, deduct it from what she owes and send her a new invoice. 

Rags's picture

Pay the full amount on time.  Shared expenses are a different thing entirely.  Sadly  you may  never get your money back but but... you can keep billing the BM and adding penalties and interest to what she owes.

My SS aged out from under the CO 7+ years ago and the SpermClan still owe us ~$10K in their share of medical expenses not covered by insurance.  This includes CoPays, dental, vision, ER visits, etc.... About 40% of the $10K is accrued penalties and interest.  We bill them twice a year and they ignore it.  One of these days... probably when I retire..... I will nail their asses to the wall for that money.  I probably will never see a penny but if I can torment the SpermGrandHag ... it will be a great retirement hobby to engage in.     Diablo

Stressed19's picture

Same ecact situation with us!!!!! Biomom owes over 5,000 of unpaid medical, school etc...... After mailing by certified mail and following up with emails ever month for the past 8 months..... With no response, I started paying service providers direvtly!!!! I also sent biomom an email stating this!!!!! II make sure that my receipts clearly identify biodad as paying his 50%.......... We will continue to do so on a monthly basis...... The ides is to have documentation and eventually file a motion to withhold biomoms income taxes..... Bioshitmom is responsible for 50% , clearly stated in the court order!!!!! I will also refuse to coshare any future expenses in the future!! The problem now is that she sits on everything and uses the lids to pressure me into getting them things..... She revuses to buy anything as she knows I will not share any additional expenses with jer!!! That is okay.....our kids will be in college soon and she will ask for 50%...... Let her take me to court requestimg 50%..... I will pull out her debt and ALL the monthly requests for her 50% responsibilities!!!!!!! Perserverance will pay off!!!

Stressed19's picture

Good for you!!! We are in the same sutuatiin, BM owes 7,000.... Since 2018, saved all receipts, created an Excel sheet itemizing all expense, date of service, provider etc... Mailed via certified mail, then followed up on an email to BM, where I attached copies of what I mailed to her... Now, I reply to the SAME ORIGINAL email every month or so, labeling Subject Line: 2nd Reminder, 3rd Reminder etc.......

Document everything.... Just had my lawyer file a motion, in that including 50% of shared expenses owed to me...... Mother's response to motion, "I NEED RECEIPTS TO BE CLEAR????" First time she mentions any problems with the proof I gave her of expenses or I would have provided her with whatever she wanted!!! All a game!!!!

I no longer pay anything at 100%, I pay 50% and tell her to pay her 50% directly to school etc....

Stressed19's picture

Yes, she will want to go to court... Make sure you have copies, use email to documemt and request money monthly via email!!!! Lol.... It annoys them, but that is what collections does!!!

If you are goid with computers, create Excel sheet and scan, attach all documentation and email BM.... After that just send the same email, change subject line.. Lol

Make sure all emails are added to the same original via reply button..... 

Rags's picture

We are still doing this with the SpermClan 10 years after SS aged out from under the Custody/Visitation/Support CO.  The SpermIdiot never paid a penny of the COd medical costs not covered by insurance.  He owes half of those.  The hospital costs for when SS was born, 16+ years of co-pays, dental costs including when SS ate a curb while riding his bicycle and snapped his two front teeth off at the gum lone which ultimately required two root canals and crowns, costs for treating a broken arm, etc, etc, etc.....  The total was about $10K, we have been billing them regularly for more than two decades just to ensure that our claim remains valid.   To get a penny we will have t sue them, they know that is hanging over their heads.   Every couple of years they cry to SS to ask us to stop threatening them.  He tells them to pay what they owe.  

My DW is a CPA and has been adding penalties and interest for non payment to the point that they owe nearly double what they originally owed. 

Hey, if it works for the IRS why not make it work for us!!!

They know to keep their shit between the lines with SS or they will find a summons to court when we sue them for repayment.  SS just turned 28 and is doing great.

We send their statement delivery confirmation and add it all to the file.  

The lawsuit hanging over their heads keeps them from trying any shit with our kid.  

When I retire, I have every intention of suing them... just for the fun of it.

Better prepared and in a dominant position than letting the opposition dominate.

IMHO of course.