You are here

Opinions on how this will play out in family court

NakedBee00's picture

PLEASE read my last post to see what started all this....

So DH filed for full physical custody and has a court date for April. Even though BM threw SS out of her house No way in hell will she give up custody and child support. DH wants both full legal and physical custody. 

So im just looking for Opinions on how family court will go. If BM fights to keep her full legal custody and DH wants to get full legal custody what do you think the judge will do? 

shellpell's picture

The real question should be how you continue to live with such disrespect from both skid and your dh. Is it worth living with skid long term? Come on. A baseball beating? Telling you to eff off? This is abuse.

CajunMom's picture

OMG. I read your posts. You are letting this violent individual into your home? Seriously, I'd be petitioning the courts to get my son some mental help in a residential facility rather than moving him into my own home. As for court, it's a coin toss...and the BMs usually win. 

Survivingstephell's picture

You need to realize this is not your battle to win or lose.  This mess could be left behind and you can walk away from it.  You are too caught up in "the war" against BM and it is warping your thinking.  You have been dicktimized.  Do you really think bringing SS into full custody by his dad will magically change him ?   My hubby saw guys like this in prison.  (He was a CO for 30 years).    So stop your speculation ruminations and look out for yourself.  This is not a good place to be.  

LittleCloud9's picture

Look, first off ss should not have been protected from BM pressing charges by getting to hide out at your home. He is old enough to know violence, especially against his mom is unacceptable. He should have been sent back to be her problem. He should have been charged. Facing consequences is the only way some people learn and maybe it would get him some court ordered help. He still should imo.
Second, we got full custody of my now 16 ss 4 years ago when his mom screwed up and finally got caught. Guess what? His behavior problems which were pretty bad at the time, didn't go away. We went through intense therapy on his own, as a family, multiple child psychiatrists, medications and everything we could think of to help. He rejected all of it and finally threatened and bullied us into giving custody back to crazy HCBM because we cannot live with that animosity in our home. Dh was afraid to leave ss alone with me and we could not risk his false accusations being taken seriously. I'm trying to say, sometimes the damage done is already so intense that even moving the child into the perfect family environment will not help. Any hope of improvement will have to come when the child is older and more mature. Maybe then they will be ready to work on themselves and accept help. Until then they will continue to destroy themselves and all those around them 

This is too big for you to fix and taking on legal responsibility for this angry kid is a mistake. 

ok, that said, in the state where I live your dh would most likely get full custody. Here a significant change in circumstances of the child, such as living full time with dad and no longer with mom, would switch not only physical custody and terminate CS from your dh, but switch most if not all legal or decision making power to dh. Of course in family courts there's always that wild card factor. Often what should happen, even legally, is not what plays out if you get the wrong judge or gal.... yada yada

just protect yourself hon, this is really bad.

Winterglow's picture

This kid also attacked his father with a baseball bat and there were no consequences... 

LittleCloud9's picture

Exactly why he should be charged. This whole thing is a mistake. At this rate he's going to end up really hurting or maybe killing someone. Shielding him is enabling him 

Winterglow's picture

This kid needs to be turned in to the police.for his own good. Not only are his parents incapable of helping him but they are also playing with his meds thus not helping him at all. 

NakedBee00's picture

We have rental Property and one unit is not rented. We use it for when family or friends come visit. It's fully furnished so I go there and hang out frequently 

notsurehowtodeal's picture

This is at least the second time SS has physically attacked someone with no consequences. What makes you think he is going to stop doing this? And he isn't using his fists, so far he has used a bat and a boot. You used to have a dog and he hurt the dog - do you still have animals in the houshold? If so, what is your plan to protect them?

NakedBee00's picture

They are living with my brother ten minutes from me. No way in hell were they staying in the house and I visit them almost daily. My brother is a vet tech and a total animal lover. BM has goats and chickens I wonder how those poor things do. 

ndc's picture

Family court is a crapshoot. Who knows what a judge will do?  The bigger question is why are you even remotely OK with your husband trying to get full custody? Why in the world would you even entertain having this violent kid in your home full time?

Mominit's picture

Not to resurrect an old post, but with your new post I realized I never found out how it worked out.  Did BM take SS back and the whole thing got dropped?  Is SS still an angry turd?  Did you to to court in April?