You are here

xmas with the kids

ladybug1974's picture

The kids are coming this weekend to do there xmas as they were sick last visit and didnt come.

So they are coming,, we have all there gifts,, how much do you want to bet the 18 year doesnt even bring a card for his father ? i find that rude. He has alot of money in his account trust me as he tells us all the time. 

This is our xmas ,, food movies tree is still up its like xmas has not left our place so his presious ones do there xmas.  God forbid if we took the tree down when we normally do .. 

Anyways i find it rude that him nowing we are doing xmas he comes over empty handed,, ( i really dont give a crap if he buys me anything )  but his father is another story really. 

CajunMom's picture

Same thing. This has been going on for years. His kids destroyed my lovely Christmas for many years...it became Money Grab Day. They'd roll in, loud and crazy, AND empty handed. No gifts for their own bio father. We actually gave the two younger ones cash to buy their gifts one year....guess who was omitted from the list? Yep. DH. I called the daughter out. Me: Where's your dad's gift.  SD: I ran out of money. Me: Well, since we gave you $500 to shop, I think he'd have been the first on your list. SD: blank stare. That was the last year they got money from us.

Fast forward 10 years. Some changes happening in our world and DHs youngest son came Christmas Eve with his  toddler. I made sure there were gifts under the tree for child, him and a joint gift for him and the GF. HE WALKED IN EMPTYHANDED. Nothing for his dad. SMH

Some things never change. If he comes next year, there will be a gift under the tree for the child only. Done with the adults.

I hope your SKs make changes. 

Elea's picture

Is that it becomes more obvious how bad their social skills are. SD24 showed up to our Christmas celebration empty handed and pushed DH to play a child's card game while I put the finishing touches on dinner.

(I totally blame DH for allowing her to act like a 5 year old and not breaking away from dysfunctional, tired, old family dynamics.)

Meanwhile, my BD21 and her BF show up with arms full of gifts and immediately dive in, offer to help out and cheerfully help me finish everything up. I made a point of going over the top in complimenting the gifts they brought, thanking them profusely. I gave SD a look of "You poor socially stunted infant, too bad you have no manners."

By the end of the evening the contrast finally seemed to dawn on SD. She finally offered to help clean up. It was already late and I told her, "No thanks, it's late and I'm tired. We'll finish cleaning up in the morning. You can help out in the morning if you feel like it." The next morning DH said she came to him and said "We better help clean up." Lol She did her usual half-a$$ job of cleaning but at least she got shamed into doing *something*

She only stayed 3 days and then was back to BM. Thank-goodness