You are here

Now next questions about the eye thing

ladybug1974's picture

Now do we take him to the doctors ? he doesnt live with us and the doctors are not open sat .. he is 18 now . why cant he go on his own ? my ex said well he wont go if i dont take him.. so hehas to take 1/5 a day off to drag him to the doctors ? 

how long will he do this for his son ?   i think 18 is more then old enough to go alone ,, its not far . a quick bus ride or he will probably as his mommy to drive him if anything . 

notsurehowtodeal's picture

Is he still in highschool? I think most parents might still take an 18 year old to the doctor who is still in school. Especially for something a little odd like this eye issue.

Rumplestiltskin's picture

My kids are 18 and 22. If it's something *I* think they should be seen for and it might be serious, I will take them. Otherwise, they will get back and when you ask what the dr said, you will get "Um like he said my eye is messed up." With no further details. Routine checkups, therapy, etc., my 18-year-old will go alone, as a high school senior. I only go with my 22-year-old for emergencies. 

notarelative's picture

Once my kids were that age, they would make their own appointments and go by themself. I only took them a few times after that. Only when they needed a driver. I sat in the waiting room.

BethAnne's picture

If he isn't going to take himself to the doctor and your husband is concerned about the eye thing, then I don't see it as unusual that he would take his son. 

Harry's picture

You don't take care of his medical needs.  Then again he 18 yo.  It's his son. He should take tine off and go to the doctor.  It's only going to be for a another year or three 

advice.only2's picture

Not knowing the maturity level of the kid and if he really does have some sort of neurological disorder, it might be best if DH goes with him for this appt.  My BD17 is pretty capable on her own, she goes to ortho and dentist appts on her own, but I still attend Dr.s appt with her.  I just give her the option of if she wants me in the room or not.

Rags's picture

It depends.  If he is a dependant having a parent take him to a doc appt is no big deal.  If he was 28, 38, 48, etc... then not likely appropriate. But at 18, not a big deal IMHO.

Take care of you.