You are here

Is this a test?

dania_liv's picture

I just got an invite to my BF's EX baby shower. If you haven't read my last post my BF's EX is pregnant with his baby. To give a little update on that we had a disscussion and set his girls on a set schedule at his home, that has went okay so far this weekend. I haven't really met the EX. I think it would be super awkward for myself to go. Do you guys think this is a test of sorts? Or was she trying to be nice to me?

SteppedOut's picture

Yea, do NOT go. Come up with a "valid" reason not to go, so you can't be called a "bitch" or "difficult".

That being said, I do not think you should stay in this relationship. 

susanm's picture

It is more than a little "sister wife" in tone.  Play the tape through.  How will you be introduced at the shower?  "This is Dania, the girlfriend of the baby's father.  Dania, this is my co-worker Joan."  Will they be under the impression that you are sharing Mr. X?  It would be hard to imagine they would believe there was that level of cooperation otherwise.  Honestly I could care less what other people do in their relationships and I am friendly with a woman who is in a polygamous marriage that really works for her.  But if I were at a baby shower and another woman who was in a sexual relationship with the father was in attendance I would assume that it was a triad of some kind.

dania_liv's picture

I know right awkward. My BF on the otherhand thinks that the EX is trying to make friends because I am going to be a big part of her kids life going forward. But in my mind she is either one of the kindest and most understanding person's I know or she intends to  mark her territory.

susanm's picture

There is not a woman on earth who is that kind or understanding or who "wants to make friends for the sake of the child" with the girlfriend of the man whose child she is having.  I guarantee there is more going on here than you have been clued in to.  Honesty seems to be in short supply and that is a huge problem.  If I were you I would hit the bricks because both of them appear to be manipulative as all hell.  And none of this is a good example for your son regardless of how nice this guy is to him.

dania_liv's picture

I have seen text and heard voice notes from the end of their relationship. They are done. She herself said the should have just remained friends and never dated and married - they knew each other from childhood. They broke up amicably, no alimony and an agreement that he will pay to send the kids to private school.

Winterglow's picture

No offence intended but the breakup is in the past. A lot can change when a new baby arrives. 

ndc's picture

I would politely decline the shower invitation.  There is no reason you should attend.  I would probably bow out of the relationship, also.  I would have no interest in a relationship with a man whose ex is carrying his baby.  Not enough time has passed that this man is ready for a healthy relationship with you.

holyschnikes's picture

What ? I didn't even invite friends I've known for years or my close co workers to mine. I realize everyone is different but this is bizarre... almost like she wants to rub it in your face she's having your partners child. 

lorlors's picture

Than being invited to the Baby Shower. Namely, next level crazy to be dating a man whose ex is pregnant!

StrawberryPie's picture

Girl, save yourself the inevitable drama and heartache that is going to come from continuing this relationship. Get out now. 

Rags's picture

Nope,don't go.  Your relationship with this baby starts after the birth when the Skid is with your SO.

I would decline the invitation with the RSVP - regrets card.

Disneyfan's picture

This is the craziest story line I've heard.

Will BM also invite you to be in the delivery room when she gives birth to your BF's child?

DO NOT GO TO THAT SHOWER.  This is nothing more than a set up.    Going will make you look like a desperate fool.