You are here

Surprise!!! SD15 shows up to decorate the christmas tree

goincrazy.com's picture

:sick:

FDH says "Well what do you want me to do? Tell her no, she can't help? Thats mean"............Reallly FDH?? Don't lie about inviting her and not telling me about it.

I was in the worst mood ever!!!! I wanted nothing to do with it after that. She only comes around when something fun is going on or if she benefits from something. I sat and put hooks on over 200 ornaments and FDH comes to me and says he really wishes I would help and that I was in a better mood........UGH!!!

What? Since I'm not stringing popcorn and singing christmas songs in unison with SD15 I'm not helping? F U. I'm angry with him. I understand it's his crappy kid, We r only 2 days into sd21 moving out and it's been the quietest 2 days ever! I had envisioned a completely different night and last night was pretty craptastic. I'm trying SO hard not to let theses demons ruin my holidays!!!!!

p.s. and bc SD15 "know's how to decorate the tree" she basically took over and my daughter just wanted to hang ornaments, when she kept eing told she was putting them in the wrong spots she lost interest. I said it doesn't matter where she puts them! damage had already been done Sad

goincrazy.com's picture

She always acts like a bitch to my daughter when I'm out of ear shot, thats where I like to hide behind a door and bust her Smile My daughter comes and tells me everything anyway. SD15 called me a scrooge- I wanted to punch her in the face

RedWingsFan's picture

Dammit that blows ass. I guess if I were in the same situation, I'd have set aside a certain amount of decorations/ornaments for my own daughter and told SD that it didn't matter where they ended up, they were DD's to hang, period.

I'm so glad after reading a lot of these holiday-related posts, that I'll be going home to my daughter and family in Detroit. DH is staying here with his snotty bratty kid cuz it's "his" year to have her even though she's done nothing but treat him like shit and bail on every day they had plans to get together. He's heartbroken and wishes he would've just gotten a plane ticket with me when I bought mine a few mos back, but now they're just too expensive.

Holidays can suck!!!

goincrazy.com's picture

I did, I gave her a ornament box full for her to put up but she was told she wasn't coordinating the colors and to do everyother one. I did tell her it doesn't freaking matter, my daughter lost interest anyway.

I feel so shot down today Sad

FDH keeps saying "WEll she's my kid, she's always gonna be apart of our lives" I f'n hate it.

I love FDH so much but he's such a damn idiot when it comes to his fun stealing brat.

I'm thinking next year I may go out of state and visit extended family?

I'm so happy for you redwings, you get out of there and enjoy every second with your daughter Smile

RedWingsFan's picture

^^^GREAT IDEA FOXIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Smile

goincrazy.com's picture

This is a great idea Smile

She actually wanted one when we bought the tree and I said no bc she won't kepp her room clean to have a little tree on display Sad

I'll help her clean it and set up the tree- SD isn't getting shit from me this year }:)

RedWingsFan's picture

That's sad for your daughter to have her experience tainted by SD's bullying. I'm a bitch though and would've looked at SD and told her to back the fuck off, DD can do as she pleases.

I'm sure you do feel shot down. And with no support from FDH, that would intensify that feeling in you. Yes, she's his kid and she'll always be in his life. BUT that doesn't permit her to walk all over you or your daughter either.

Go out and visit extended family next year! I'm telling you, it saves my sanity and allows me to "make it" through another few months until my daughter comes to visit here for Spring Break. Then she's here most of the summer and I have to wait till the holidays again to see her. I truly make the most of my 10 days in Michigan. It's the only time I get to see my parents and friends from childhood.

Sweetnothings's picture

Grrrr,went through this " festive " scenario myself years back with the skids....

They turn up for the normal EW visit and bleat to DH about wanting to decorate the Tree and hang the decoartions , blah, blah, blah. DH agrees to let them ( one tree in the Hallway, another in the Lounge, loads of hanging chains, decor, etc, across the ceiling ) I'm peeved knowing they'll be interested for about 5 mins and usually it's done by me, as DH hates putting up the decorations, but loves how good theynormally look ( typical !!)

End result was nasty looking trees, and the comical sight of sd22 ( about 15 then ) managing a couple of chains, and THEN realising how much work this actually was , the shock on her face ( she IS SO LAZY !!) DH gets fed up as he has to finish HER work and HE tidies up HER mess afterwards !!!

After,that it was left to me, and not a peep from anyone !!! }:)

Unfreakingreal's picture

Sorry to hear she ruined your holiday experience. I actually always wait for SD to come before I put up the tree. She does all the grueling work like untangling the lights for me, hooking the ornaments etc... LOL...
I actually bought her a mini tree for her as well. It was only 12" tall in a pot, but she hung mini ornaments on it and it's on her nightstand.
I only have boys and they could care less about the trimming tradition, but God forbid I say I'm not putting up a tree, then all of a sudden they're all PRO HOLIDAY.

smdh's picture

I always do the tree when SD is with her mother. I let her help me once and the entire time all I heard was "your ornaments are boring. mommy's ornaments are prettier. Mommy's tree is nicer. Mommy bought lots ornaments with my first intial on them". I don't need her shit. I like my tree. I like my ornaments. And when my son is big enough to help, he will. She can do the tree at her mother's. No need for her to have to decorate two trees. DS will only decorate one. That said, if my dh helped I'd have to include her because it would be an experience for him to decorate with her and that is different than doing it with "mommy", but he doesn't help, so I make the rules.

Also, one year she decided she was going to make paper ornaments and put them on my tree (same year she gave me crap about my boring ornaments). They were literally snips of paper. Nope. So I bought her a little lighted tree for her little desk. She has never once in the past 4 years made or put a single ornament on it.

Orange County Ca's picture

Next year don't tell husband when the tree is to be decorated. He walks in the house to see you've bought it, cleaned it, decorated it picked up afterwards. Just you and your kid.

goincrazy.com's picture

I definitly would but the problem is, he is more of a kid! He's so excited to get the tree (we get a real one) so I can't really do it without him knowing. I'm hoping as SD gets older she won't give a crap!

Jsmom's picture

I do it by myself that way no one gives input....This year, not doing it, since we are going away for Christmas. Makes life much easier. BS17 is upset that there is no tree, told him, I would do it, if he helped. Hasn't mentioned it again....

imjustthemaid's picture

Ugh SD16 lives with us but for the last 5 years has not helped put up the tree. Last night all of a sudden she needs to know when we are doing the tree!! Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!

I did the tree with her once. Its a disaster and its all about her. Usually me, DH, DD and BD have a great time doing it, no drama. I don't have to hear BM stories or SD talking about when she was little.

When they were younger I got them each their own tree for their bedrooms and they could put their ugly ornaments on it. It worked for awhile. I think we got rid of them. (the trees lol)

I feel bad for you, that sucks royally!!!