You are here

Suggestions?

superstar's picture

Has anyone got any USEFUL tips on coping with step children? Or even (heaven forbid) bonding and getting along with Them? I know every child is diffierent.... But I so with there was a book on coping methods.

superstar's picture

No I don't as I feel I'm no where near ready to have kids. But children is a must for me in the future. Instead I'm trying to take on 2 teenage boys that I'm struggling to summon any interest in at all

TASHA1983's picture

"I think the way I treat SS is a reflection of how I feel about DH."

DK - I was just reading your response to the OP and I understood pretty much everything you meant but the above part...what do you mean by this?

In my situation I love my BF so much, BUT I cant stand his child and I dont want to be around him at all!!! When I read what you had written it made e wonder alot of things so I was hoping you could clarify what you meant by that??!!

Thanks!!! Smile

superstar's picture

this is really interesting. You seem to have the right mind set on all of this. If only i shared just a fraction of your motivation and willingness to try!

herewegoagain's picture

The Happy Stepmother is such a book. I was a bit apprehensive when I first saw the title, but I have to say that many things I wish I would have done. I highly recommended if you are having issues.

You can find it The Happy Stepmother: Stay Sane, Empower Yourself, Thrive in Your New Family

The Stepmonster book, just as Ex-Wives, Ex-Lives, are great for stepmothers on the verge of a "nervous breakdown", because they truly help you realize this crap doesn't happen just to you...but they are not intended to help the situation much.

Good luck.

Pilgrim Soul's picture

Thank you for recommending The Happy SM, Herewegoagain. It sounds great! I am ordering it on Amazon right now. I think Rachel Katz, who wrote it, does workshops in NYC together with Wednesday Martin.