You are here

spoiled adult kids

secondwife1234's picture

My fiance's son 30 years old is engaged and getting married. He is a manipulator to his dad for money and everything. He wants his dad to fly and spend a weekend alone with him and his bride to be and three siblings and leave me home. I am livid. We tolerate each other but the 2 other kids we all get along. Am I wrong that I should be going? Would he leave his bride to be alone for a family weekend away? He said that they have not had time alone in 4 years. Why cant a day or dinner be enough? please help with your opinions. His daughter wont see him ever if I am there bc I called her out for being nasty really mean to her dad and me. Really awful words and demands. His daughter is still mad that his parents split. She has been angry for 4 years before I came into the picture,

thank you

Merry's picture

I agree, it is rude. But why would you want to go and be around all that?

I would love it if my DH took off for a weekend to wallow in his kids and I had a weekend to myself. 

Findthemiddle's picture

I would be offended too.  But, I wouldn't want to go either.  Sounds like your husband is going to go - it's on him for not making it clear from the beginning that he won't tolerate you being excluded - because he has that power- you don't.  Whatever you do - don't directly engage the step kids over this - it will just get thrown back in your face like it did the last time.  It's really unfair but reality- especially when the husband takes the kids' side out of fear of losing them.  

notarelative's picture

Did his divorce finally go through? If not, anticipate not being invited to the wedding either.

Someoneelse's picture

I agree, that's very rude, but at the same time, I wouldn't want to go be around all that. SD is 16 and is going to be just like that. I will likely feel left out, but you know what, I'll enjoy my time to myself while everyone is away. So, while yes, it's rude, TRY to have a fun spa weekend to yourself, watch all the TV you want, make yourself WHAT EVER you want for dinner, have desert EVERY night, sleep in, go get your nails done. pamper yourself

simifan's picture

It is extremely rude but you are blaming the wrong people. This is all on your SO. He has made it acceptable for his spawn to be rude to you and exclude you.