You are here

Skids endless trips to doctors and BM not letting us know

buterfly_2011's picture

BM continuously is taking skids to doctors for this and for that. Last time it was for SD to get invisline because she lost her clear retainers last year. She has had no braces for two years now. This summer DH told her I can't afford invisiline no I will not get them. She then called BM who told her just go get them I will pay for it. BM called the ortho etc. SD went in and got them in July of 2012. They were $180 after what ever insurance was used. Well........ just yesterday we got a bill from that Doctor. They forwarded the account into my DH name with the remaining balance of $90. I understand that braces cost A LOT and to keep the teeth straight and not loose all that money it's important to keep the kids wearing their retainers. BUT when she looses them and he told her we could NOT do it and her mom bypasses him that tends to piss me off. And I am having a hard time understand HOW that doctors office managed to forward the balance onto my DH account? SD is a minor. He didn't even take her in. And from where I stand that is cosmetic NOT medically necessary. I'm not trying to nit pick but this is the fourth bill that has magically appeared to our address and we were unaware she was taking skids anywhere.
We will pay our share but I am questioning the ortho office who forwarded the balance onto another account without any consent. Can they do that?

StickAFork's picture

What does the court order say?

In the absence of details, I'm thinking that, yeah...she can do that. Sorry. I know it sucks, but honestly...$90 is awfully cheap for those.

BM took SD for braces without a word to us (magically, right after *I* had taken SD for a consultation.) We only got a bill. I also took my 3 bios for braces without a word to the biodeadbeat. He's legally required to pay for 72% of them. I've never asked, but if I did, he would owe.

sixteensmom's picture

They can't send you a bill for something you didn't agree to. Send it back or call and say you didn't sign for it, you're not paying it. My son and ex were in a car accident yrs ago. They went to a crazy chiro then a wholistic healer. I told them before during and after months of treatment my INS wouldn't cover it and I will not pay for it. Both providers tried to bill me and it went on for yrs. I sent ever bill back unopened rts. They called, I asked who they wanted, if they asked for son I said he's a minor you'll have to speak to his father at this number. If they asked for me, I said ivermectin never been a patient there, no bill for me. They eventually left me Lone. You can get away from it but u can never ever agree to pay a cent or you're hooked.