You are here

Sick of the drama... and SS soiling himself.

One Step Back's picture

I've not posted on here for ages as I've started working again and everything has gone past me.
SS8 has started soiling himself once again. He's been to the GP and there is no medical reason for it, it's just his way of showing his displeasure at something.

Last week I got annoyed at him for telling me I'm not beautiful because I'm too 'fat'. (I've lost about 2 stone since I started working again). Now I barely talk to him as it means I can't be insulted and his father let him get away with it (he has no rules, consequences and boundaries for SS8, just DD2). His mother has just announced her engagement to some bloke after dating for 2 weeks and SS has barely met him and he's moving in soon.
Does the damn drama with these stupid women and their offspring ever end??

Add to that OH's narcissistic mother plastering pictures of SS and his sister (not blood related) whom she's treated and taken out, spoilt and had over night when she's not bothered with DD since July last year. Bloody so sick and tired of them all!

One Step Back's picture

Thank you Dtzy. Been way too long and need to catch up on everyone else's drama too! Makes me feel less alone.

@catlettuce. I'm working on him, trust me. He's had an upbringing of no rules or consequences himself and is still playing Disney dad most of the time. Drives me nuts! I am disengaging but that's so difficult to do at times when I want to blow my lid. As for MIL, no absolutely not, but it still hurts for some reason. He deals with the dirty pants except washing. Very frustrating when he'd stopped for 6 months.

FML - houxstep??

Rags's picture

Oh hell no!! Any 8yo soiling himself by choice :sick: :sick: :sick: with no underlying medical issue would be one miserable kid in my world. As for possible psych issues, I would not give a shit. No pun intended. The kid fixes it or I would.

My SS-22 had a spell of this a couple of times well after he figured out how not to mess his bed. First when he was about 6 and again when he was 8. Once, fine. Twice, no fucking way! Each time I took out the paddle and told him if it happens again I would light his ass up then I put him in diapers and made him spend the weekend in nothing but a diaper and a T-Shirt. Every once in a while I would tell him to go get in the car because we were going to visit friends, or out for a meal, or to go hiking, and every once in a while I would march him to the front door, open it, and tell him to go play with his friends who were out and about. He would of course refuse to leave the house. I didn't force the issue beyond indoors in our home. On Monday AM he walked in to have breakfast with me dressed in normal clothing for school. He placed his pack of diapers on the table and said "I get it dad. It will not happen again." And it didn't. I did make him put the pack of diapers on the shelf in his closet so that he would have a reminder to keep his literal shit together.

Both of those backsliding incidents cost us a weekend of being house bound but they solved the problem.

So, go shopping for some big fluffy diapers, put him in them when he pulls his shit/piss fests, and make him wear nothing but the diaper. If he is going to act like a baby, he can dress like one too and own his own bladder and bowel control since the Doc says there is nothing wrong with him. If he messes himself while in the diaper, to the back yard to be hosed off by a high pressure garden hose (avoid an actual pressure washer no matter how tempting), light his bare wet ass up with a paddle, put him back in a diaper for the next round.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

No F-in way would that shit fly in my world for more than a single incident.... if that.

As for the lippy, hurful, mean comments, straight to the paddle then to the isolated room with the all wood antique school desk for 10,000 sentences in perfect handwriting, spelling, and punctuation at a pace of 140/hr. He writes every free moment he has until he finishes and if he misses a single letter, punctuation mark, or hourly quota the counter zeros and he starts over.

Nope, that shit would not happen twice in my world with healthy 8yo.

Welcome back. It is good to see you. I am sorry you had to be back though. Stick around this time. Smile