You are here

Should i leave him

Chima's picture

My husband has 2 kids from previous marriage and am starting to get sick of them honestly . I feel like i am a guest in my home they move things in the house they arrange the kitchen how they want it . They even hang a pictures of them and their cousins in the living room . Their cousins are always over the house bc my husband doesnt know how to say no to them  their friends come and go wh never they want to and i have no say in any of that. I never talked to him about this we never talk anyway .
I even have to hide in the room all the time bc i dont feel home . My husband told me the house and businesses he owns are for his 2kids mind you we have a baby together and that was kinda weird and random thing to say. I am planning on getting my own apartment bc this is unbearable i cant live hiding in the bedroom with my son all the time.

i dont know what to do specially that we have a baby together.

MayCorine851's picture

I'm so sorry your having to go through this. I get hiding in your room and feeling like your home isn't your own. It's only 1 child here and it just seems like the word no doesn't exist. I would say first maybe write him a letter and see if he might understand your point of view better. After that I would try counseling. I would also say find something fun for you and your child to do whenever his kids are there to get away. I hope it gets better 

DHsfamilyfromhell's picture

I use hotel style fittings so no one can remove my pictures without extremely hard work. 

My stepdad who was a builder used to tell me if I used blue tac or hung my own pictures he would charge me for redecorating (eg the holes would need filling in and the walls need repainting). And He would tell me how much a painter costs per day and how many days it would take. 

They spent money decorating the house therefore it was not mine to ruin!

i was given a few free standing picture frames for my desk. 

Try and reclaim your house (it’s your home too you are married)

You can normally fit the fittings to the the picture frame using a hand held drill, one at the top one at the bottom. I use black wooden picture frames so they take the fittings and set of any pictures. - it’s a bit more challenging to fit them to the wall. 

Here SO here’s a job for you we are child/toddler proofing the house.....

They can come in quite handy for toddler climbers (some do some don’t) so if your husband didn’t want to toddler proof the house to make your life ten times easier I would then start to have a serious think....

I used to find the normal fittings would come loose and the picture would eventually drop down. 

DHsfamilyfromhell's picture

If things are too difficult and you don’t love your husband go get your apartment and be happy. He doesn’t appear to be treating you as his equal. 

Daniii05's picture

I was in the same situation, he had 3 children from a previous relationship and we have a baby together. I left him when my baby was 8 weeks old. It's definitely a struggle on my own but trust me, I am MUCH happier.

Rags's picture

If you have to ask.... the answer is probably yes.

He has put you and your child in your place.  You are second tier family and if second tier importance.

So, leave him, nail him for a couple of decades of ever increasing CS, and in the divorce protect your child's equity share of your STBX's estate equal to that of his two first failed family progeny.

Good luck