You are here

SD12 and 1st bra (w/ BM boyfriend)

AmIWicked's picture

So first off, SD12 does not NEED a bra. She is 70 lbs at 12, no under arm hair, zits, or breast developement.... but BM bought oldest SD an underwire bra for the first time, so SD12 I guess wanted to feel important... oh well,...that is not the issue.

So SD12 comes home from BM's tonight telling anyone she can that now she wears a bra. Somewhere around the 5th time I've heard her say it I start to tune out. When I hear her telling her grandmother (DH mom) that BM's boyfriend was the one who took her bra shopping and picked out her bra size.
I tune back in, I catch eyes with MIL and then we both turn to DH...
I am pretty sure I can see steam coming out of his ears...
"Where was your mom?" MIL asks.
"Getting her hair cut." SD says.
"So (pedophile) took you to the store by himself?"
DH got up from the table and walked away.
I got up and followed him while MIL kept talking to SD.
DH said to me, "I don't give a shit if BM wants to push SD12 into that bra crap sooner than she needs to. That's a girl thing, whatever. But that peice of shit (boyfriend) has no business picking out SD12 bras and telling her what size she is. I sure as hell don't send you or my mom to the store with SS to get a cup or jock strap!"
We found out that BM was at the front of the store( a walmart) getting her hair cut with oldest SD and SS. When boyfriend took the 12 year old prepubescent girl bra shopping. So at least BM was in the store. And SD12 did not try them on until she got home.
These facts didn't make DH feel any better.

rahrah2019's picture

Yuck. This gives me the heebie jeebies. Doesn't matter if BM was in the front of the store. Her bf is standing there with a 12 yo girl, picking out her first bra. Kids go through very complex emotions when it comes to maturing. The adults should be sending the right cues to the kids that draw the line on appropriate/inappropriate boundaries. This action by bf acknowledges in the girl's mind that he recognizes her maturity. I'm sorry, I'm with the others who believe this is very wrong.

Willow2010's picture

:jawdrop:

What the what. This is what I HOPE happened...BM was getting hair cut...kid and SF were just browsing through the store waiting on BM to finish. There was a rack of little girl bras on the end of an isle and SD just said I think I want to get this and picked it up and took it to her mom to see if it was ok.

If it happened any other way, the SF is a creepy weirdo. So is BM. Did DH talk to BM about it? He should call her and just say..."So I hear that your BF took SD shopping for her first bra?!?!" Just to see what the idiot says.

UGH...is he really a pedophile?

AmIWicked's picture

No,...he is not really a pedophile. I was meaning that tongue and cheek....as in any 42 year old man should not be participating in this event, let alone leading it.

Jsmom's picture

Weird as hell...I did this with my SD many years ago and BM screamed at DH that I overstepped...Apparently it is acceptable now for SD's to do it...Eww...DH should say something. A BM would if it is was a SM.

momandmore's picture

Oh Wow.. My DH would be livid and I would too. Is he really a pedo?

8yo wears training bras and sports bras. DH doesn't even want to hear about them. If I weren't here to buy her these things, he would have MIL do it for him.

BM in my case has a BF/FI (depending on what day of the week it is) who has met my SD's for like 3 hours total. He's a total creeper. I have heard stories about him but you know how stories go. If he has been convicted of anything like that, it isn't public record.

JustAgirl42's picture

On another note, does Wal-Mart give good hair-cuts?

Boyfriend + daughter + bras = :sick:

AmIWicked's picture

BTW, no...BM's walmart haircut is an "attempt" at a pixy haircut...now I've seen some very cute and flattering short cuts on women....but on BM? THIS WALMART HAIRCUT MAKES HER LOOK LIKE A 10 YEAR OLD BOY!

fedupstep's picture

Even in the BEST of circumstances, this is creepy to me. No way. Not a chance.

AmIWicked's picture

And of course, SD 12 won't shut up talking about her "boobs" now...
The cat scratched me in the boob... uh you mean the declawed cat put his foot on your chest?

:O must we talk about bras now daily? Hourly? Every second?