You are here

Roll call

MamaDuck's picture

Just out of genuine curiosity and perhaps a way for others to reach out and connect with members who live close by or have the same family dynamics. You don't have to share any info that you feel will give you away too much xx

Your age.
Your DH/SO's age.
Your kids ages.
SK ages.
Bio's together ages.
Where you live.
What was the main issue that brought you to Step Talk.

Me: 29
Him: 34
My lot: BD11, BS9 and BS7
His one: SD4
No kids together.
New Zealand.
Major issues with crazy ass BM! This site has been a MASSIVE help so far, I find that this forum has wonderful open minded members that give really REALLY good advice!

JennSunnySideUp's picture

Me: 24
DH: 27
Stepson will be 5 in December
Stepdaughter will be 2 in January
No bios on my part Sad

We live in South Carolina

The main reason I came to the site is no one around me besides my own mother has any step experience.. And I don't know about y'all, but I'd rather NOT have my mom know all about my issues with DH and his baby mama drama. She doesn't need any more reasons not to like my situation I am in. KWIM??

derb84123's picture

my age: 28
my kids: pregnant with my first, and only
sks: 8 and 10 (yeah DH got busy early) Wink
Bios together: (pregnant)
Live: Midwest US
Main reason: I was on cafemom for a while, but wasn't finding the support I wanted. DH is custodial and BM is soo difficult. I need a place to vent so im not always doing it to my non step friends- most of all have no children of their own

over_the_rainbow's picture

Me: 33 in 12 days
DH: 32
SD8, no other kids.
Illinois

I mainly came here for support and advice. Prior to SD I had little experience with kids (I'm the youngest in my family, including cousins) and after seeing what my sister went through with her SD's I knew it could get bad. BM is a narcissistic sociopath and SD takes after her in many ways. We have had some pretty rough patches, and some nice smooth happy days too.

I have done some research and found that children tend to 'stay' how they are at the age of about 7 - however they are raised, whatever good or bad influences they've had in the first 7 years of their life is what will have the most influence on the rest of their lives. SD was primarily with her mother until a month before her 7th birthday (DH had EOWE until he was awarded sole custody). I sometimes feel like DH and I are fighting a losing battle to get this kid to NOT turn out to be a complete waste of oxygen like BM.

Volvotank's picture

Me: 27
DW : 39
Sks: 12 and 17
Bios Together: 2
Live: Virginia
Main Reason: Find a way to get through to my stepsons

stepmonster_2011's picture

Me: 43
DH: 44
Mine: DD17.5 DD15
His: SS18
Ours: Doggie 2.5 Smile
Illinois

Main reason - SS has severe behavioral and emotional issues that I thought were due to being a step family. Turns out he's just a jerk that needs lots of emotional help because his mother was an asshole.

I stick around because I am a stepkid as well. Maybe my experiences can help someone else.

miss hideaway's picture

Me - 26
DH/SO's age - 28
my kids ages - DS 7
SK ages - SS 4
NO Bio's
UK

What brought me to Step Talk was to get advice on SS's behavior and his selfish, immature mothers behavior and just advice in general on step parenting and to know i wasnt the only one feeling and going through all this.

Rags's picture

Me: 49

Her: 38

My lot: None

Hers: One, my SS-21 (Note: We married a week before he turned 2yo)

# of kids together: Just the skid.

USA (Texas) & the Middle East.

I came to Blended Family Blogs and STalk specifically due to issues and struggles with the SpermIdiot and the SpermClan. Primarily SpermGrandMa who is truly the hag-bitch from hell. For the most part any issues with the kid were reasonably normal kid stuff and nothing that I did not struggle with myself when I was his age. Even now that he is on his own (for the most part) we still struggle with the toxic manipulations of the shallow and polluted end of his gene pool. They still attempt to play him and pull on his heart strings. His mom and I have his back just as we always have.

We are proud to have raised a young man to viable early adulthood who is far better than the entire combined current and prior generations of the SpermClan. He is serving in the USAF and pursuing his BSCS. He is self supporting with the exception of his car and auto insurance which his mom and I are paying for instead of paying for his university studies which he pays for through his USAF benefits. In 25.5 months he will be completely on his own and will have to cover his own auto insurance costs.

I am proud to be his dad.

TASHA1983's picture

Your age. 29
Your DH/SO's age. 41
Your kids ages. BS9
SK ages. SS18, SS12
Bio's together ages. N/A
Where you live. Massachusetts
What was the main issue that brought you to Step Talk...I can't stand skid and bm and the fact that they are in the picture in any way, I hate that dh is made to pay 920 a month in cs, etc.

gsdatl's picture

Your age: 46
Your DH/SO's age: 51
Your kids ages: DS-23, DS-21, DS-19, DD-10
SK ages: SD-20, SD-16
Bio's together ages: None! OMG way too many as it is!!! Have two cats because I am done raising "puppies" so to speak...hahaha
Where you live: Georgia

What was the main issue that brought you to Step Talk: Because DH refuses to stand up to BM and skids and set boundaries. Always putting them first, and totally frustrated with the situation. Want to figure you how to set my own personal boundaries in a positive way and to find suggestions on how to cope with this without all the fighting and anger.

QueenBeau's picture

Your age. 23
Your DH/SO's age. 27
Your kids ages. no kids yet
SK ages.6
Bio's together ages. none yet
Where you live. West Virginia
BM is a batshit crazy skank.

Tuff Noogies's picture

My age- going on 35
DH- 42
Skids - 15, 13, 10, all boys
Mine- furbaby 9
i've chosen them as my family for 5 1/2 yrs
location undisclosed Wink

Main issue - i started lurking years ago looking for ways to deal with normal, non-custodial issues (disney daddy stuff, cosleeping, some other behavior that was totally not age-appropriate), ya know, just to see if i was setting my bar too high.

I started posting because of WWIII. one biiig blowup with major shockwaves, involving DH, MIL, and Dumbass, with lots of issues eventually all coming out, resulting in skids not speaking to DH for 5 months.

i'm lucky i've got good skids Smile

Sunflower1's picture

I'm with you there, FSD is great most of the time and when she isn't its normal kid stuff.

Sunflower1's picture

Your age: 31
FDH age: 33
FSD: 10 stb 11
Bios: none yet.
Where you live: Midwest
Why I'm on steptalk:
I joined to avoid some of the common pitfalls that happen in step. Combined with the fact that so few of my friends are in this situation and chatting with girlfriends in nuclear families doesn't help. In fact I think it scares them sometimes.

the wicked witch's picture

Me: 41
DH: 47

stepkids- SS24(Autistic), SD21, SD19, SS14(Special Needs)
OURS: sons 9, 8, and 6
Idaho

Main reason - We have been married for almost 1 years. I have raised three of the skids. They were SD12, SD8, and SS3 when we were married. NOW.. SS14 is very emotionally immature and has attatchement disorder from being abused as a BABY!!!. DH has disengaged with SD19 completely and has no clue how to be a REAL dad !!! SD21 just had a baby and is now using that sweet little girl as emotional blackmail against me. DH's family is VERY judgemental of my parenting and always have something rude or mean to say!!! BM is one crazy woman!!! Need I say more!!

Blondylady's picture

My age: 29
DH age: 30
Skids: 11 and 4 (yes dh also got busy early!!)
Bios: none yet which is an area if contention Sad
Where you live: Ireland
Main reason I joined steptalk:

To not feel alone with some of the feelings I experience in terms of having two BMs and an over doting father who at times ignores me in favour of ss11. None of my friends are in the same situation and I know they would dislike dh if I vented to them on a regular basis so having people in similar situations acknowledge my feelings at times validates them and has been a sort of therapy Smile

ENuff's picture

Me 47
Him 48
My bios DD20, DD17, DS14 n DD9
Him D19 ( notice darling part is omitted)
Kids together 0 ~ no thank you ~ got more than I can handle

~ reason here :

I am not a divorcee ~ my husband passed away 6 years ago ~ rekindled with a man from my past n struggle with issues with the old batshit crazy BM ~ who influenced the spawn to loath me. I was curious as how to blend my large family with the influenced spawn. The only child syndrome was a curious factor for me. I wondered if SD behavior is normal ~ gauging SD's actions against my Bios.

How to deal with the spin doctor BM ?? Entitled and Manipulative Sd ??
HELP is needed !

just.his.wife's picture

Me: 43.
DH: 35 (yes, I robbed the cradle).
My Kids: 22,21.
SK ages: 19,18,16,15
Bio's together ages: None.
Where you live: Florida

What was the main issue that brought you to Step Talk: Asshole skids/Psycho BM and my Give a Damn did not just break... it shattered.

Tuff Noogies's picture

holy cow he started young!
that scares me- i've got one rapidly approaching that age!

steppinout's picture

Me:34
Dh:33
Steps: ss12 and ss9
1 bio with dh 13 months
We live in SE US.

I think in a moment of frustration shortly after our wedding, I googled "stepson drives me crazy"

zerostepdrama's picture

I am 32

DH is 41

My son is 8

Skids: 21, 20, 18, 14 and 2 GB- 5 months and 2 months

No bios together

Ohio, USA

Main reason I am here is to get help in dealing with skids and crazy BM and even DH when he is being a tool about about the skids, etc Smile

Merry's picture

Me:56
Dh:62
Steps: SS28 and SD 30something
1 adult bio, none with DH
Southern US.

Found StepTalk when I was losing my mind over SS--lack of parenting by DH, running through massive amounts of money. Turns out he was self-medicating, and everybody knew it but DH. SS received treatment and he is now about three years clean. Very proud of him. Steps are still a challenge sometimes. DH is my bigger issue right now though.

sbm014's picture

Your age - 24
Your DH/SO's age - 29
SK ages - 5 almost 6
Bio's together ages - None yet waiting for SS get a little older
Where you live - Texas
What was the main issue that brought you to Step Talk - Just needed a new perspective/advice outside of friends without kids

JYMCat's picture

Me:27

S/O:28

I don't have any children

SD:3

We don't have any children together

We live in California

The main issues that brought me to step talk were my S/O asking me repeatedly if I loved SD within the first 6 months of our relationship, his lack of boundaries with BM and spoiling SD.

thebrokenrecordmachine's picture

Your age-28
Your DH/SO's age- 48
Your kids ages-DD (5)
SK ages- SD (15) & SS (13)
Bio's together ages-None.
Where you live- Ontario, Canada
What was the main issue that brought you to Step Talk- The BM being unreasonable, SK's being unreasonable; I wanted validation that perhaps I was being unreasonable.

EvilWickedSM's picture

Me: 39
DH: 40
DD: 9
SD: stb 16
PA, USA
Finding a way to deal with the constant undermining and lack of respect in regards to SD

luchay's picture

Me: 46
DH: 48
Mine: dd(stb)24; dd21, dd11 and dd8
His: sd13, ss10
Australia

LMAO - I googled "I hate my stepson!" And voila here I am....

18 months(ish) later SS and I are good most of the time. BM is a nightmare Bitch psycho and I hate her.... SD - has issues. OH also has issues. The depth of these issues only became clear to me a few nights ago and WTF it all means for the future I am totally and utterly beyond even knowing at this point.

Work in progress. How do I get this man who is a major avoider into counselling (not couples - just for him to deal with the shit that happened years ago) and also SD. He agreed that her behaviours now - and the more I think on it the more things become clear - thumb sucking, overtly sexual behaviour whilst still being very emotionally immature, weight issues as well as her lying and stealing.... it all adds up now. He agrees she needs therapy - but I don't think he will do anything to get her there. How can I make that happen? I have no say in these kids lives. I have no control or input. I have even considered talking to BM - but the chances of that helping are zero and in fact it will just make things even more f'd up. I don't know.

Sorry.... got onto a tangent there - that is my head right now.

Harleygurl's picture

Me: 43
Steps: SS7
Bios: BS20 and BS14
WV
Crazy ass self centered mentally disturbed BM that blames me for everything (but it all boils down to jealousy on her part). That and the fact that, although I knew what I was getting into because I married someone so much younger than myself, neither DH or BM have a clue about being parents. They both have the self centered game as a shining crown and the fact that they had SS7 so young doesn't excuse their behavior. I truly feel sorry for the kid because if things continue the way they are currently going he's looking at a future in juvenile hall.

esm for too long's picture

Me: 43 (in 5 days)
DH: 43
Bios: BS24 & DIL 27 in TX (too far away), DD18 (on campus at local university)
Steps: SS8, SS20
No kids together
Live: Virginia

Why did I come to StepTalk? Going NUTS at home with DH and SDs, especially SD8 acting like mini-wife, but only since we got married. DH said I needed counseling, so I googled "Stepparenting issues" and now can say with confidence that I don't need counseling because I'm not the only poor SP who feels this way, THEY need counseling to learn how to be BF and BD like NORMAL people. Biggrin

GhostWhoCooksDinner's picture

Me: 42
DH: 35
My bio: BS17
Skid: SS14 (Yeah, DH got started young!, "former SS"9
No kids together. We would, but that ship has sailed.
Where we live: NY state
Main issue: Originally, it was SS9's behavioral issues. Now, it's BM.

Tuff Noogies's picture

tee hee - u gotta specify 'state' otherwise most people think NY is just one giant city!

SAHsigh's picture

My age: 30
Partner: 33
No Bios
SK's ages: Twin SS/SD 5
Pennsylvania
Main Issue: It wasn't the kids! We have a crazy control-freak BM and I have a non confrontational/empathy-less partner. I like getting advice that's relevant and experienced with our problems and it's comforting to know that I'm not alone. Don't have a lot of friends where I live and even fewer that really understand what it's like to be in the step-role.

z3girl's picture

Me: 36
DH: 51
stepkid: SD22
OURS: sons 2 1/2 and 1 1/2
We live in New Jersey, USA

I found this site after googling difficult teenage stepdaughter. This was right after SD17 (day before 18th birthday) bit DH (drawing blood) and calling the police on DH, and DH never held her accountable for her actions except for taking her car away for 2 weeks. I couldn't believe she actually did that, and was curious if this was "normal" behavior.

JustAgirl42's picture

My age: 43
FDH: 48
Stepkid: SD10
No biokids

I came here to read about other stepmom's experiences and how they handle certain situations that I may/have encounter/ed.

simifan's picture

Your age...41
Your DH/SO's age...39
Your kids ages.none
SK ages...D 19
Bio's together ages... S 11
Where you live...Philly (PA - USA)
What was the main issue that brought you to Step Talk...BM antics. Although SDs recent illustrious career move to drop out of college, move to Momma's couch, work in fast food & treat DH & I like Pariahs has certainly given me something to blog about.

ladyhutch's picture

Me: 37
DH: 41
Mine: adopted son 22
His: ss19, sd15, ss13
Ours: ds2, ttc
We are in jersey

Reason I'm here: sd15 and ss13 moved in 3 months ago. By last week, I googled "step kids making me suicidal" and ended up here. Unless they want something from me, they treat me like crap. Dh is Disney dad. I got wore out.

What am I getting myself into's picture

Your age: 27
Your DH/SO's age: 28
Your kids ages: none
SK ages: SD4
Bio's together ages: none (and not planning on it)
Where you live: Omaha, NE
What was the main issue that brought you to Step Talk: need help dealing with batshit crazy BM and figuring out what my place is in this family