You are here

Planning on Having Baby When SKids are not here

TexasBelle_80's picture

We have skids 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. They go home on the 10th and come back on 24th. My due date is September 30, which means they would be here. It might sound horrible but I absolutely DO NOT want them here when I have the baby. This is something special between DH and I as it will be the only one we will have together. I don't want them to be a part of the process until I am home from the hospital and settled in. I know they will start talking about THEIR mother and what she did and I don't even want to hear it. All three of them are attention seekers and I think my baby deserves some one on one. I have a bio son but he's doesn't want a lot of attention and is sooo excited about the baby. No one the other ever really ask anything about the baby so I don't think they really deserve to get to be a part of it. Not only that I don't want DH leaving me and baby in the hospital while he has to go home and check on the other's. It's not fair. BS will be with his aunt but I can't ask her to watch all of them. It's too much.
So anyway...I have a plan. If it works.. awesome, if not at least I tried. But I'm looking for info.

I will be 37 weeks on Thursday. We've done the measurements at the OB and been told the baby is over 7 pounds already. I am officially full term with a healthy baby inside. I NEED to go into labor between the 10th and 20th or so. I need ideas to get this to happen. I know everyone has tried and true methods of starting labor, so lay 'em on me ladies.

Also, does anyone else think I'm horrible for wanting this? I've asked DH already if SKids can just stay with BM while I'm in the hospital but he says he doesn't want her to have anything to do with it. I kind of get it but having BM take them is not an option.

lastchance's picture

A lady I work with swears by drinking Castor Oil. She says it tastes absolutely horrible, but she was overdue with all three pregnancies. She drank however much you're supposed to drink (a cup I think) and says she went into labor immediately.

Good luck and congrats Smile

TexasBelle_80's picture

The bummer of it is that we live in Alaska and mine and DH's family lives in Texas. He's stationed here in the Army so we're really out on our own 4,000 miles from everyone we know. DH's ex moved another guy in to their home while he was deployed a couple of years ago and divorced him while he was in Iraq. She still lives up here with another guy now... which I hate. She needs to go home and leave us alone. Anywho, my sis's hubby got stationed up here and I came to visit, met DH and never left. It's nice having my sister here but she's got three kids of her own and when you add my BS and the baby then DH's three kids... that's 8! Lol, lots of kids.

AlexandraL's picture

I'd start having some sex, lol. Seriously though, my son was huge and thank God he came early because I had him at 38.5 weeks and was over nine pounds. I am convinced making love brought him on. I think there are prostaglandins in sperm that help you along, if you're getting close. Maybe you could Google it.

Good luck and I completely understand where you're coming from!

Tx mommy of 3's picture

Sex. Yes, something about the hormones...similar to what they give you when you're induced. Good luck!