You are here

Is it wrong for this to upset me????

Unhappy's picture

SO's ex has been using the kids need to call and talk with SO as a way to jump on the phone to talk with him. She is only supposed to speak with him direclty over the phone if one of the kids needs immediate medical attention, text if there is a schedule change or the kids want to talk with him, and email if it's kid related. It's gotten to this point because of all the crap she has pulled i.e. stalking SO, messing with my daughter, harassing SO's parents, having her parents harass SO, and filing false child abuse allegations with CPS, which by the way were found to be unsubstantiated. The child abuse thing was the final thing for SO. He told her that any chance they had at having a cordial relationship for the children was done. For some reason the ex doesn't fully understand how horrible of a thing it is to do what she did. She'll jump on the phone to tell SO about their BD(6) loosing her first tooth or like last night just call SO directly to tell him that their BS(4) wanted to know what the two little balls were under his pee pee. Really? Apparently that's an emergency. SO only answered the phone because he let the first call go to voice mail and it ended up being his son. So he thought the scond call was him again. Had the ex sent a text first letting him know his wanted to talk with him like she is supposed to do SO would have answered the phone the first time. Does anybody else deal with this? How do you cope with it? It just pisses me off. I hate her guts. SO had to yet again send another email explaining how contact is supposed to be handled.

Is it wrong for this to upset me?

myguysRmylife's picture

It is a matter of respect. Your SO has to know where to draw the line with the BM. HE needs to let her know that he has someone, and be serious that converation is limited to important situations with the children. They are not friends and don't need updates. But it is HIS responsibility out of respect for you to put her in her place. My DH and his BM hardly ever talk. (she frustates him, lol) but she knows not to EVER disrespect me by constantly calling him for no apparent reason.

poisonivy's picture

We went throught he same crap with BM. She planted a gun in his car, had him arrested on false rape charges, the list goes on. Consequently, she has been instructed to only contact DH by text if urgent or email if not. She tried that taking the phone from the kids when he called them, but DH would hang up every time. We documented it, took it to our attorney and he sent her a "warning letter." LOL!

Unhappy's picture

That's exactly what I told him to last night. Ask if it's an emergency and if not tell her to send an email if it's kid related and hang up. The only way she will stop this crap is for him to enforce the boundaries that he has set up for her or else she will never learn.

I just don't get how she thinks after she called CPS on him that they were just going to have a friendly co-parenting relationship. If some one did that to me regardless of who they were they would be dead to me bottom line. I swear she's socially retarded.