You are here

I think my MIL enjoys getting my BD in trouble!!

hbell0428's picture

We have 3 total children....this involves SD14 & BD12 -

The princess (SD14) can do NO wrong at all my her nana!(14yr olds is her bio grandchild my BD is not) No matter what it is; she won't say a word. But as soon as BD12 does the slightest thing; she calls dad to tell him. MIL knows the sh** she will cause; she never calls me to tell ME!!

Even when something is going on with SD - she will turn it around to BD!! it is so annoying - I can't even stand to be around her - any suggestions.

I was thinking about saying something like........"Did you know the first time your princess had sex was when you where watching her and she snuck him in her window!!"

Wouldn't that be funny!

purpledaisies's picture

Is your dd going over to her 'nanna' house? If so stop it letting her go and stop all contact with her. That will stop that crap! If asked why tell her b/c you treat her like crap!

drivingmissdaisy's picture

A lot of MIL's are like that. Your DH has to put his foot down, but it's not likely going to happen, considering it is his mother in question. I've lost count of how many times I've been asked to put things aside for the sake of peace in dealing with MIL's intrusiveness. The old bat.

MIL played favorites with her own bio-kids. (Your SS and BD are no exception!) Money. Presents. We taught the kids to share the cash if one was ever given something the other didn't get, and that worked out for both kids.

The worst was when MIL bought a Little Mermaid gown for DD5 that DD10 really loved. DD10 got an itchy scarf. DD10 was in tears and that gown was thrown away. From then on we opened the UPS delivered gifts (((beforehand))) to avoid the tears.

Another time (when MIL was babysitting for us) she told our DD's that our house was not DD's house it was 'her house' because she helped DH with the money to build it. DD10 locked her out of the house until we got home. MIL sitting on the porch of her house w/o any key to get back inside. Classic.

hbell0428's picture

OHGosh! That sounds like mine. I don't take her there; I work FT and My DH is home right now; she comes over ALL the time; they are like BFF's! I call home to check on the kids and she answer's. It's so annoying. I just ignore people I don't really like to argue. People know that about me - they take the hint....

Thanks - I am not alone!! LOL Smile