You are here

I hate DH

NYAG's picture

This is probably not the place to post this but I made an account specifically so I can post this. I freaking hate DH. I wish he would just fall off a bridge. I hate his kids too...probably because I hate him. I wish I had never jumped on the blended family train. GGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

fairyo's picture

I left that blended family train six months ago and today was feeling a bit nostalgic for the old days when I had a man at my side (if not in my bed lol!) then reading this made me realise how glad I really am that I left. Thank-you!

2Tired4Drama's picture

Remember, as time goes on sometimes bad memories about people/situations tend to fade.  That's often why those who have died  are miraculously no longer a-holes or jerks (which they were lin life) but have morphed into beloved people who have passed on!  

To keep balance, you have to remember the bad and good. 

To the OP, when you feel like you hate your DH then you may be at a turning point.   I am sure you don't want to become a hate-filled person, so you have to figure out what you want your OWN future to look like.  It may not include this man. 

tog redux's picture

This makes me sad. I always told myself that if/when I started hating and resenting DH (not just skid and BM), that I would call it quits. Thankfully, that hasn't happened yet. 

Do yourself a favor and get out.

NYAG's picture

Its actually very complicated. Ive tried to call it quits more times than i can count. It never sticks, for various reasons. As of last night I am thinking about taking my kids and leaving. Maybe even moving states. I think if I talk to my ex, he will be ok with it. I just cant anymore.

tog redux's picture

It's never easy.  In the short-term, it's easier to stay, but in the long-term, it will kill you.

NYAG's picture

No but I mean he litterally wont leave. He refuses to leave the house until I eventually give up. The only way out is for me to pack up and leave...or maybe call the cops. But its his house to so I dont think that will work.

tog redux's picture

Yeah, if it's his house, you have to be the one to leave (depending on the state - in some states, even if he bought it before marriage, it's now your house too).  If he won't go, you have to do it.

Aniki-Moderator's picture

its his house

Which means you need to leave.

He refuses to leave the house until I eventually give up.

Are you saying you TRY to pack/leave and he stays there until you cave in and say you'll stay?? Pack your things when he's gone. You can pack a little here and there. OR get a friend or two to come over and help you pack your things and leave.

Stunned Step of 3's picture

I like to ask myself these 4 questions before making decisions. Write down a one line sentence of the belief that is giving you troubling you then ask it:

1. Is it true?

2. Can you 100% say it's true

3. Who are you with this belief

4. Who are you with out the belief. 

It's helpful to gain perspective.