You are here

Pet loss

proudstepmommy's picture

Sad

So we lost another fur baby today.

Our beloved Luanne ( 2 yo hamster) crossed over the rainbow bridge. She was greeted by her older brother Sammy (13 yo cat) whom we lost on October 1 of this year.

I know 2 is old for a hamster, but DH, SD10, and I are big animal lovers.

Friday is gonna be hard (when we tell SD). Luanne was her "baby".

Not to mention, I have to take another one of our cats (10 yo) to the vet tomorrow. She has a lump on her neck. Praying for good news in this case.

Wish us luck on Friday though...

Sad

proudstepmommy's picture

Thanks guys!

DH buried the hamster while I wS at work yesterday (he wanted to get it done before dark... And I was working late).

Willow (our cat)... Has to have surgery on Friday. Vet said its a 50/50 chance whether or not the lump is cancerous :-/.

Thanks again for all of your support

Mercury's picture

I'm so sorry. My pets mean more to me than most people do. I feel for your loss. Any updates?

proudstepmommy's picture

Hey guys... Thanks again for the support.

Willows surgery went well on Friday... The vet removed the lump and sent it off to be tested so we're playing the waiting game now.

As for telling SD10... It went well... She said she was "mad" that our hamster died, but we assured her that it was her time to go, and told her that Sammy was there with her, so that helped.

She's already asking about getting another one. DH and I told her we would, but not for a while.