You are here

I Catered a Party FOR BM....

ReadySetNot's picture

It was strange to say the least! Bm called my work and asked for a CATERED dinner party, so I asked my boss if the temp could do it and she said and I quote:

"This could very well be something that she is cooking up to get you to play servant, but you ARE the best damn chef there is around here, and I WILL not place (temp) in charge of this and take the risk of people bad mouthing this resturant. so chicka hold your head high bring some reviews with you and smile like you own the world,I understand you both have issues with each other and I have seen all the Bull this women has put you through but don't think for a minute that because you are cooking HER food that your are a servant or beneath her"

Ok so this comming from my boss who by the way is a peice of granite stone was very thoughtfull, and she HUGGED me.
Then I finally get home and tell Dh about it and his response is "I know she invited me" Of course this prompted me to throw a slight fit at 1:30AM.

ME: Are you serious?!?1 and you didnt tell me about this..."
FH: I didnt know untill she called me WHILE YOU WERE AT WORK"
ME: Are you going to go??
FH: Well I don't know it is my son after all and some other member of my family are going to be there"
ME: *dead silence*
FH: WHAT! I'm going to look like an a** if I don't show up!"
ME: whatever im tierd im taking a shower and im going to bed"
FH: So, thats it your just going to take a shower and go to bed and not discuss this with me"
ME: well HONEY youve made it clear that your going to go, so go.
FH: Youre being unresonable, this my SON we are talking about and it gives me time to see him"
ME: Whatever im taking a shower"

So I go to work and prepare for BM's dinner party.

Later on at BM's House.

BM: Oh good you made it, I'm glad you could come!
ME: *thinking in my head) God you moron I HAVE TO BE HERE
BM: I'm thinking that I want to change the dessert..
ME: well its to late to do that everything is made and in the van"
BM: oh...."
ME: Ok so where do you want the food set up?
BM: Uhm in the kitchen. (WITH A CONFUSED LOOK ON HER FACE)
ME: ok"

I walk into her house and start setting up the food buffet on her counter tops and she is just standing there staring at me like i'm invading her space. and asks the dreaded question.

BM: Is FH going to be here tonight
ME: I'm assuming so"
BM: Your assuming so, so you dont acctually know"
ME: You could call him and ask him, I cant since i'm working"

I set up the menues on the table and the reviews for each meal I had prepared next to the meals. Everyone starts arriving and reading the reviews and my future MIL starts reading the one I posted on here, and looks at me says "Wow I didnt know you acctually cooked the food, I thought you were a prep cook"
I'm trying to figure out if she acctually thought I was a prep cook or if she just insulted me.

The night went on and everything went well I had good positive feedback from everyone including BM's Parents and BM"s Husband as well as FH. I made a kid friendly meal also for SS8 and he said THANK-YOU on his own without anyone prompting him, I have been working on him with the please and thank yous for a year now so i'm really glad about that. It turned out to be somewhat of a strnage but pleasent night. The crew and I packed everything up and I said good bye to FH and SS8 and everyone else.

startingover2010's picture

sucks u had to do that for bm, but at least you got paid for it. and im glad they gave you positive feedback. you go girl!

Stepmom2Ched's picture

Your BOSS is a champ!! Her talk was wonderful and it seems to have done the trick.

I admire you for keeping calm during a stressful evening. You appeared to be in control, which is a LOT more than I would have done.

Gee, maybe Future MIL will be a little more respectful of you now that she knows you have a talent?!

AWESOME about SS and his manners!! LOVE IT!!!

~\O/~ Cheers for you!!

~*~A Good Mommy will let the kids lick the beaters. A GREAT Mommy will turn the mixer off first!~*~

Most Evil's picture

That is SO WEIRD! that she just HAD to order from you?! But hey, whatever, it sounds like you came and DELIVERED! I have done catering work before and I personally feel you are being paid, usually fairly well, to serve the food - so no, you are not her slave or servant, she has to pay!!!

Maybe she will continue to do this, so you can build your business?

I laughed that she wanted to change the menu, at the last minute and you said No-!!! LOL