You are here

how to prove CHILD is abusing ADULT?

butterfly2010's picture

i have told SIL about this site, and she said she will look into it, but my bone-head brother is very watchful of her every move so....i am trying to find advice for her.

okay, is there a way to prove the child is abusing the adult? like, the way a child is to an adult parental figure, making the adult somewhat start going insane?

here's a little background:

my neice is very defiant, manipulative, and just downright nasty to my SIL. she always has been. right down to making false accusations and talking to people about SIL (all lies). this has been going on for years, and SIL is ready for divorce but is afraid to be on her own. my idiot brother is aware of how my neice is, but claims that it's the fault of their BM for how neice is. but, neice is NOT going after anyone else, just SIL.

they live in another state, so i see them a couple times a year. but i can see things getting worse. they had a crazy neighbor, who just moved, and that kid was around my neices age but they didnt hang out together. that kid was doing the same thing to HER stepmom, and my brother is trying to blame that kid even though he swears they never hung out, and i know that problems have been going on since before they lived at their current house.

its all a mess and SIL is so upset over this. my neice is in therapy but it isnt helping (been going 6yrs). any advice is appreciated!

Most Evil's picture

Hmm, well I guess we need more info, like what is the child doing to make the stepmom feel insane?

Right now it is just sort of abstract and sounds kind of like a movie, but I am sure it is a very serious matter to the step!

What exactly are some things that have happened?

Pantera's picture

I can say that its going to be hard to prove. They need to get into family therapy. Your brother needs to step up, he can't blame EVERYTHING on BM. He also needs to put his daughter in her place.

"If I turn into another, Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me" -Incubus