You are here

FINALLY FREE

SusieCue's picture

After almost a decade of being in the Skid's life, I am ecstatic to announce that I am finally free. 

I told DH that I was done. Done with him,  and done with being a "parent" to his ungrateful, disgusting, selfish little b*tch of a daughter (now almost 13). 

I can say I tried,  because I truly did.  I was more of a parent to that man's daughters than their own parents were. I put up with mini-wifery, Disney Daddy behavior,  schooling through the pandemic,  and all kinds of bs that no one should have to put up with,  let alone someone like me who never wanted to deal with crumb snatching crotch goblins in the first place.  

I kicked DH out of the primary bedroom and turned it into my own little sanctuary.  I stopped cooking for them,  I clean up after only myself and I buy my own food. I told DH we would no longer be having sex.

I don't monitor grades, chores, or homework. I don't give rides to friend's houses, speak to parents, teachers or doctors. The other day,  someone stopped by to pick SD13 up and I let DH struggle with the dogs and people while I leisurely sipped a glass of wine and filed my nails.  

I haven't been this happy in years.  I'll figure my next steps out soon,  but for now,  this is pretty damn great.

mapap's picture

Omg this sounds incredibly familiar! I just left a situation like this. I bought my own house, I got the hell out! This is the most peace I have had in years! I am so excited I am not sure what to do with myself! Please see your way completely away from them, life like this is no fun.

Rags's picture

Don't wait to split the blanket completely and get on with your life with them all in your rear view mirror.

Take care of you.

Clapping

Drinks

nappisan's picture

WELL DONE Susiecue!!!! this sounds all to farmiliar.   I did the exact same thing you have and im almost 3 years down the track now.  My house is exaclty how i want it , no bs attitude from SS13, no stealing ,no invasion of privacy and the list goes on.   My son is 21 and launched amazingly so im virtually an empty nester.  I enjoy quiet evenings with my glass of wine , watch anything i want on tv when i want, the house always stays tidy becasue there is no skid shithead and his dirty hands and feet anywhere.  Dont stop at moving DH into the spare room and staying disengaged,,, get them out fast!!  you cannot fully move forward while they are there as it wont take him long to realise the amount of crap you do for his kid and he will try to manipulate you back.  so glad your sticking with this and gaining your power!!!!!!  keep us posted  

shamds's picture

Happen from your spouse until you disengage and he has to deal with skid crap and no buffer from you to help out and do the hard work. In my case it took 1.5 yrs and a real crap day at work for hubby to lose it.

he realised how lazy ss was and shouted at him to do chores. Ss was about 18.5-19 and stared at hubby in shock. Its only till they get to their breaking point do they rain hell on their kids from ex

Elea's picture

Filing your nails and sipping wine is what you should have been doing all along. I know that is how I spend my time when SD's are here. They are shocked that I don't find their drama to be an emergency or even mildly interesting  like BM and sometimes DH do. I do find it amusing. 

Stepdrama2020's picture

I did the same, and finally peace from a guilty daddio and no more mini wife snot nosed B!

You are on the way to FREEDOM. Hun get your DH and shit skids out completely. Look out for DH trying to reel you back in, aka love bombing.

Get er done and celebrate.

caninelover's picture

Enjoy the freedom lady.  Sip your wine, and file your nails.  HIS brats are HIS problem, now and forever.

Happiness is truly the best revenge.  Strive for that.   

Best wishes.

ImperfectlyPerfect's picture

This is excellent - if it was the stepparents hierachy of needs (a take on Maslow's) you have ascended into the upper pryamid levels towards esteem and self actualization. Bravo! Took me years of being on the lower platforms of the pryamid and worrying about my basic safety (skids not violent just left every door open for a serial killer to walk in and have a cup of tea - wide open after asking to just shut it or lock at night...apparently to hard a task to do) - I think back on those years and wonder....why did I let that time be sacrificed like that? Bravo. 

Barelycoping's picture

Mmmmmmmmmh, this picture invades my thoughts more and more these days.........

Winterglow's picture

I've just read over your past posts and can't say I'm surprised. Want to give us an update on your current situation?

CLove's picture

Thats great news!

You are on the road to happiness and each of us (that are experiencing problems) has our own twists and turns.

But love that you are getting to your happy place. Its been a long time and eventually your husband will start to understand things. And watch out - he will definitely try to hoover you back in. Dont fall for it.

relationshipguru's picture

Good for you! Congratulations! Did you get accused of being a narcissist because you stood up for yourself? That is usually what they do. I am so glad you are done with that jerk and his disrespectful brats. He totally took advantage of you!