You are here

Counseling and the bm trying to bring drama

white_6's picture

My 6yr old is in counseling because she was lashing out at her other siblings and she deserves to have someone else to talk to that won't judge her, be mad at her for what she says and who will also let her talk about anything. So I found a great therapist and let me tell you she has been going there for a month and it has been awesome.

I normally take her because I am a stay at home mom. And I am the one with time. Anyways this past week the bm took the child to the therapist appointment. And she did what we all knew she would. She talked to the therapist about drama. in front of the child. Which the reason I know this is because the next morning the child was brought to our house and she was extremely upset and crying and I asked her what is wrong and that is when she started asking me why daddy and I can't take her to the doctors without her mothers approval. I told her of course we could that is why we took her.

Needless to say she was upset and I was finally able to calm her down and get her to school in a good mood.

Why would anyone think it would be ok to tell a therapist or anyone in front of the child that the other parent doesn't have the right to take the child to the doctor. and then tell the therapist that is was wrong and she wants to take the father back to court because of the disrespect.

the child going to therapy is about the child talking about her problems not about the bm trying to start drama - I have talked to the therapist numerous times privately with out child present. that is how it should be done. don't bring the child into the drama - its one of the reasons the child is in therapy.

Real quick. the therapist appt was on thurs, we took her to the doctor on wednesday because she was so constipated she was bent over in pain and this wasn't the first time this has happened after spending a long weekend with her mother. she holds her poop. it has been an ongoing problem we have been dealing with for a long time. and we told bm about it that night because she told the father that she was busy all week now wouldn't have time to talk and the father was busy as well during the day. so he waited until that night to call her and discuss it. but she freaked on him and told him she was going to take him back to court blah blah. even though in the CO it says both parents have the right to seek medical care for child whether mental or physical health.

misSTEP's picture

She's a nutter. I'm sure that came through loud and clear to the therapist. Continue doing whatever you guys (mostly the dad) feel is best and let BM blow her hot air. If she DOES decide to take you to court, the judge will not look kindly upon her. They also want what is best for the kids and if the kid needs medical attention, sure as hell either parent can make sure that gets done!