You are here

Bm lies about stupid things

white_6's picture

Anyone constantly deal with BM lying about dumb stuff that doesn't matter, but she gets caught and then she tries to back step right into another lie?

For instance, christmas break on her days she said she took off. Which she didn't the sd was with numerous other people during her days. Sometimes 2-3 for one day just to make sure she was watched the whole time (I am a stay at home mom).
Of course sd told us about it and how she didn't enjoy it.

So we confront bio mom and she goes about acting like oh i was off but then I decided to change at the last minute.
IT doesn't matter to us because co says anyone she approves can watch the child on her days, but why lie about it.

She lied about taking sd to the doctor on her day. Well we asked sd how it went when she went to the doctor and she told us she never went. Confronted bm and she said oh well she felt better so I never had to take her. I forgot to tell you.

Another time she said she was picking up sd from school because she was sick, and she would take her home, but instead the sf did. And of course we asked her why didn't you just tell us that he was picking her up why lie. She said well i decided he was closer than i was and didn't think you needed to know.
BD was home this day so if bm wasn't picking up sick daughter then bd should have.

This happens all the time. She lies about dumb things that in reality don't really matter, but it makes us more mad to find out she lied. And the sd is starting to lie a lot of dumb things. at our house we are strict with lying and tell her that it is not ok no matter what. its just irritating.

nothing really to do can't control someone else. just wanted to vent.

Disneyfan's picture

Why do you keep confronting her? Honestly, she doesn't have to tell you anything. The fact that she hasn't told or husband to take a flying leap shows she isn't that bad. LOL

I would have shut you guys down a long time ago.

LAMomma's picture

That's all petty little things.

1. BM's time is her time. If she wants to pawn the kid off on multiple people on her visitation days then she can unless the CO says otherwise. That's really none of your business and I certainly wouldn't "confront" her about it.

2. I've had plans to take my kids to the Dr. and then all the sudden they perk up and are all better thus no need for a Dr visit for him to tell me they're ok or wait it out. I think this is pretty normal whether it's a two family household or not.

3. Again, BM's time is her time. If her husband or whatever was available to pick up the child and was close then why not? I know if my husband or ANYONE for that matter is available to pick up my kids from school versus their Dad, I'm going to pick my husband or another person. Why deal with their Dad if I don't need or have to.

She's probably lying to you on purpose to an extent. Especially if you're making a big deal out of these things.

MamaBass's picture

It's hard to look past all that BS sometimes, but in the long run, all that crap won't matter. We dealt with the same stuff with where she took skids to get haircuts etc... But we never confronted her. It's nice to avoid unnecessary confrontation anyway- the less communication with BM the better!
You should be happy your BM didn't take skid to the doctor. We've been dealing with Dr. appointments up the wazoo for the past three years just because BM is on state assistance so everything is covered. (Skids are also under DH insurance) Talk about a waste of taxpayers' money to have your skid go to a plastic surgeon for a bruise on his leg!

BSgoinon's picture

I get where you are coming from. She is lying because she knows that what she is doing is NOT in the best interest of the child. And that... is really sad. Unfortunately, the other ladies are correct, there is not a dang thing you can do about it. Obviously, calling her out on it isn't snapping her out of it. You will spin your wheels and allow her to rent WAY too much space in your head if you continue to dwell on it.

Sucks, I know, trust me... we went through this for YEARS before BM finally just gave up on being a mom all together.

Teas83's picture

My biggest concern about her lying would be the influence it has on your SD because it could have an effect on what goes on in your household. Our BM lies constantly about little things as well and it can be frustrating. But my husband doesn't bother fighting with her about it anymore.

sheltojl's picture

The BM of my boyfriend's daughters' wanted to have the girls over their xmas break. Yea she took off to California so she could party on NYE's and try to get back with her ex. Supposedly, 2 days before she left she said she wanted to take the girls on a trip out there, but I'm sure she had it planned the whole time to ditch them to go out there and party... she is a piece of work.

Her wonderful decisions in life, make dealing with her 12 yo so much days she is home with us.

WTF...REALLY's picture

Since it irritates you, I just would stop asking her detailed information anymore. Ignorance is bliss.

DogMomOnly's picture

I'm in the same boat. I get your frustrations. BM lied under oath in court and then lied about lying in court! She lies about taking SS11 to counseling (which he desperately needs to go to). And I'm very confident all her lies rub off on at least SD14 who has become quite the liar herself. I'm sure SS11 isn't far behind the inevitable.

There really isn't anything you can do, which does suck because liars are the worst kind of people. What's the point of lying about the littlest things that literally don't matter?! Maddening!

Hang in there and keep teaching your skids the right way....honesty.