You are here

BM trying to change the temp order already

Brooke's picture

DF and BM are in the beginning stages of a custody battle. Right now they are operating under a temp custody order. BM did not agree to any of this. It was all court ordered. DF has his son 40% of the time. He wants 50% but is thrilled with the 40%. BM tried to limit his contact as much as possible. It did not fly with the court. If BM had her way DF would have his son e/o/w and a few hours on wednesday. Instead the court gave DF e/o/w Fri-5pm Mon 5pm--on the off weekends he gets Mon 5pm to Thurs 5pm.

It is not even august yet and BM is trying to change the holiday schedule the court setup. According to the temp order DF is supposed to have his son Thanksgiving Nov 24th 2pm and keep him the whole weekend. He will got back to BM on the 28th at 5pm.

DF gets his son on xmas eve and will spend christmas day with his mother.

BM in the past always called the shots and DF would only get to see his son for a few hours during the holidays usually at BM's house. That is a thing of the past since the court stripped her of her "power".

BM bought plane tickets to go visit her family for thanksgiving. She sent DF an email that says:

"i purchased some very cheap plane tix before you took me to court. i was planning to travel with ds3 from 11/23-11/27. i was reading the court order and you will have him during that time period. i would hate to see these tickets go to waste and ds3 would love to see his cousins. keeping ds3 best interest in mind i hope that you do not stand in the way of this long planned trip.

DF response

"Per the advice of my attorney I am going to follow the custody order to the letter. I will expect to see ds3 2pm on 11/24/11 per the court order."

BM response
"see you in court"

DF chose not to respond and sent the communications to his attoney.

Did I forget to mention this custody order is not even a month old? sigh

Auteur's picture

Pretty typical I'd say. Stick to the letter of the document. Good for the courts where you live not to just fall into the "Old BM System" (TM) and grant BM 100% custody with biodad getting EOW and a few hours during the week IF the BM is feeling "generous."

She can sell those plane tickets on ebay or craigslist.

VioletsareBlue's picture

Hahahaha! They are frickin' amazing. She should have said something in court about having plane tickets. This is exactly how my DH has to handle the Orc.

purpledaisies's picture

Yep stick to the CO period. Dh found out the hard way, if he doesn't bm will take it and run with it saying that daddy doesn't want you see I told you he doesn;t love you anymore crap!