You are here

bm bs

msg1986's picture

gahhh I feel like I've constantly been posting... I guess I was a little afraid to post and now that actually done it a few times I feel a lot better, I feel so happy I have a community of people that are going thru what I'm going thru... It makes a difference when you can talk with someone/get input when they themselves have been thru it ... thank you all!!!

I do have a question though... I blogged about bm smoking w/ fss4 in the car and fdh calling her out on it. well a few hours after he called her out on smoking with fss in car she texts that she is withholding visitation this upcoming weeked. fdh asks why but gets not response. I'm thinking she wants fdh to beg her to let him see fss... She threatens all the time he tells her no to whatever crazy thing she's asking for but then forgets all about it when friday comes. I'm just curious if my thought is valid though... does anyone else go through this? I feel like she wants him to freak out and beg her to let him see his kid and then cave to whatever she's asking... this time she isn't asking anything though, he just called her out on smoking w/ fss in car... I don't get why she's doing this now.

hereiam's picture

Whatever the reason, tell your FDH not to give her the power. If there is a CO and she continues to withhold visitation, he needs to file contempt charges.

Years ago, my husband's ex thought she could use his daughter to manipulate him. She found out she was wrong. He didn't beg, didn't argue, didn't cuss her out. In fact, she got no reaction out of him at all. Until she was served.

Maroma1984's picture

Do this exactly! He needs to start documenting everytime she wants to 'withhold' visitation. Especially if he's paying child support.

StickAFork's picture

She's probably trying to "punish" him for his comments.
Typical petty shit.

And your BF needs to stop "calling out" BM for things he cannot control and violate no laws. Should she smoke around them? NO. However, she isn't going to stop and him trying to tell her what she can and cannot do only created friction.

Now, I get his point. My XH smoked (smokes?) and when he returned and wanted to see the kids, that was a condition of mine. He had no visitation or custodial time, so I told him he could see them (I even allowed it every weekend for a few hours!) as long as he didn't smoke around them. Cause I'm a bitch like that. Wink

BSgoinon's picture

It depends on what state you are in, in my state is IT against the law to smoke in a vehicle with a child in it. Blum 3

This has been an ongoing fight with BM in our situation. She smokes around SS all of the time who has asthma and excema (sp?) both are brought on by second hand smoke. He is now old enough to tell her himself (and he does) to get away from him with her smoke.

Anon2009's picture

Your FDH needs to document every time she withholds visitation and print off copies of all texts and emails to and from her. She can and likely will be found to be in contempt.

About the smoking, look up your state's laws on that. If the law condones what she is doing, there is not much FDH can do or say about it.