You are here

Because I am tired of trying to be "the good guy"

whatcanido's picture

My favorite quote of the year--sums it up for me....
"Quit trying so hard. Jesus, they don't like you, fine. Don't kiss an ass if it is in the process of shitting on you." Pretty much sums up how I'm going to approach BM this year. I'm tired of being shitted on.

whatcanido's picture

WHen you read this, give me your favorite saying......I need a few chuckles and support.... Biggrin

Butterflykissesandlicks's picture

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi, (attributed)
Indian political and spiritual leader (1869 - 1948)

GoodbyeNormaJean's picture

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready, you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me."

Dr. Seuss

DaeganX's picture

In needlepoint on my dad's desk at work:

Any man can become a father. It takes someone really special to be a dad.

swstepmom's picture

This is always a great one!

"A stupid man's report of what a clever mans says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand."

whatcanido's picture

I do gain insight from reading about others' experiences. However, the first thing you are taught in school is to NOT use the training in your personal life/relationships....it is the easiest way to "kill" a relationship. SO, for the most part, I do not utilize my training for my personal life, but I do try to help others with my training. The crazy BM....well, crazy is crazy and the best thing I've come up with is that the more I try to figure the crazy BM out, the crazier I become. SO, I'm beginning to see that I will never understand crazy because if I were to understand it, that would mean I am craxy, too. I once tried to "put myself in her shoes" and.....well, let's just say I still didn't come up with the same responses she has....so, I don't do that anymore.