You are here

How would you respond?I need a reality check.

sundowner's picture

In a nutshell. There are 5 Skids.Spent 6 months trying to unite this family. My DH is a disneydad and doesnt want to be the "bad guy" and doesnt ever discipline. My issue is this: He read a text from older skid that referred to me as having DH on a leash!

I did not respond, but I am so tired of this little shit causing drama and alienating the rest of the kids.

I decided to..WAIT. I am asking you all to tell me, how DH should respond to the skids comment.Will he defend me and confront her, showing all of them that I should not be disrespected.

What do I expect?

Thanks

instantfamily's picture

Completely agree! She's being a triangulating jerk and your spouse should stick up for you and your relationship.
Stepdaughter can bide her time until she can be civil and then, MAYBE, come around.

Kes's picture

I would not put up with my adult bios being rude and disrespectful to or about my DH, and I expect him not to put up with it from his daughters. He certainly should tell his daughter that it is not acceptable to express such opinions to him, about you.

Disneyfan's picture

Instead of waiting for him to defend you, defend yourself.

You don't need a green light from DH to check those who disrespect you.

sundowner's picture

Thanks everyone for your time posting imput. Since I posted this, I had a change of heart. Right now, I just dont care to put anymore of myself into this crazy situation. I dont even want to solve anymore issues with my DH or skids and that whole family. I sound like Im stepping back. But in my heart, something happened. I think Im actually stepping OUT!