You are here

Arrears - CSE doing nothing!

Let_therebepeace's picture

There are two skids, BM claimed she wasn't working (but she was & was being paid cash under the table) when DH was awarded custody, CS was set based on minimum wage. For 8yrs BM has been the NCP & for 7 & 1/2 yrs she's had an arrears balance that just continues to grow. She has had her license suspended the majority of 6 yrs. There have been 3 maybe 4 contempt orders & a jail stay a couple of years ago (which did end with a purge payment). Each time she will start to pay her CS as ordered, just long enough to get the contempt order released. Then it's right back to not paying. She is working, and is paying less than 1/3 of the ordered amount of CS. Yet CSE has done nothing in over a year to try to get her to pay anything more than the 1/3 she is paying. She's $3,900.00 behind in CS. CSE has done absolutely nothing since the last contempt order was lifted after the jail time two years ago. We are currently at peace with one another so we don't discuss the CS, but then this weekend she brings the skids back and SD has her nails done, and tons of make-up, SS has new tennis shoes and hats. Not that I have an issue with her buying for the kids, I really don't. What I have a problem with is my DD & DS go to their BD's this past weekend as well, and because he pays his CS as ordered, he doesn't have the disposable income to send them back home with all these things. I know that the material things don't matter, but 14 year olds don't see it that way just yet! It's frustrating that this government agency that is supposed to be there for the benefit of the children...let's these women get away with this! I fully believe if the roles were reversed and it was and it was my ex-husband that wasn't paying, instead of a female, he would already be back under a contempt order. Why does CSE allow these cases to get so far before they do something about them! And after license suspension, contempt orders, jail time...what else is left???

twoviewpoints's picture

" What I have a problem with is my DD & DS go to their BD's this past weekend as well, and because he pays his CS as ordered, he doesn't have the disposable income to send them back home with all these things. I know that the material things don't matter, but 14 year olds don't see it that way just yet! It's frustrating that this government agency that is supposed to be there for the benefit of the children...let's these women get away with this!"

One has nothing to do with the other as to BM spending money on kids but Dad not being able to for your kids. Different parents. Different circumstances. If your children's father is paying you CS use a small amount of it to get 'wants' for your.

Yes, it would be nice if BM paid full ordered amount rather than 33%. However, even if she did, that still doesn't 'help' your ex buy his kids nails and make-up.

Your CSE certainly has been trying. They can't go in and steal her purse off the table. Putting her in jail, doesn't allow her to work and puts burden on taxpayers to pay for her jail stay.

Garnishment of wages, intercepting any state and federal tax returns, putting liens on property, confiscating professional occupation license, driving privileges ... all normal and routine methods of trying to enforce. While $3,900 is a good chunk of cash, some of these deadbeat parents owe many times that and the kids of those parents many times are getting gov't assistance. Priorities. CSE only has x amount of resources.

Disneyfan's picture

How can you say CSE hasn't done anything? They tossed the woman in jail.

Someone here just posted a few days ago that her ex is $30,000 in arrears. What your BM owes is chump change when compared to what many dead beats out there owe.

BM spending money on her kids IN ADDITION TO CS, instead of telling them to get it from dad is GOOD THING. :?

Babycarrots's picture

Let_therebepeace:

Well you know I have been there and I don't believe in being satisfied with the minimum. I always tell my son and anyone else that will listen "that people will treat you how YOU ALLOW them to treat you. So instead of holding my hands and waiting on my son's bio to get his act together and put his son on his insurance, I emailed EVERY employee from the child support agency/ CSE and told them my story and asked for assistance. Yes, it is a ton of work but I got a response. Whether it was someone who was pointing me in the right direction or an actual person who could assist, they helped me get the information that I needed and also understood that I was not one that would take no for an answer. One of the reps tried to tell me that I could get insurance through a state agency. I asked her why would I do that when the court order states that bio is suppose to provide it. You will always get the ones that just want you to go away. Sometimes you get people who actually care about your situation. Also I agree that 4k is a little different than 30k but all the same it is money owed to a child. Mine owed 11k but I was fortunate in that the state pulled it from his check, added it to the monthly amount and sent it. I did not have to wait on him because if I did, my son would have never seen any money.