You are here

anyone know who uaw legal services really represents?

godess-clueless's picture

DH AND i WENT TO GET A WILL MADE OUT USING HIS FREE LAW SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY HE ONCE WORKED FOR. I did get the feeling it was not me but him they were looking out for. The wills to sign had wrong information, I did not feel it was written in a way that protected me the wife. Iwas told I could not take the will home to review. Yet when my DH agreed to mistakes pointed out then they agreed. My DH has some money invested in retirement fund. His daughters were always benificiaries since before I married him. He brought the paperwork to the lawyers to remove one of the daughters names. As he fills out the form not once did the lawyer mention that I was signing away rights or that I ever had rights. After signing the back DH mentioned if he had died without this I could have walked away with 100% of this. Looking at the lawyer I commented that couldn't be true because his DD's were always beneficiary. She hesitated and then said yes it was true read the back where Isigned. I HAVE NO PROBLEM THAT I SIGNED. IT WAS MY INTENTION THIS GO TO THEM . IT DID MAKE ME WONDER HOW BADLY SCREWED A WIFE COULD BE IF SHE DID NOT UNDERSTAND THE CONSEQUENCES OF WHAT WAS BEING SIGNED. THIS LAWYER SAID NOTHING. LOST MY TRUST AND MADE ME WONDER IF SHE WOULD BE LOOKING OUT FOR THE SK'S RATHER THEN THE WIFE WHEN ddDIED.