You are here

Annoyed!

WickedStepMother's picture

For the most part, I have a really sweet SD who is 10 so I really can't complain but I am going to anyway. This may have been covered before but I am going to ask anyway.

Like I said, SD is 10 and she is turning into a young woman. Here is my problem...when she is in public with my husband, she drapes all over him like a cheap suit. She pulls on his arms, sits in his lap, grabs him around he neck, lays across his lap squealing and giggling like a 5 year old. She only does this in public and other people notice too. My husband thinks she hung the moon so of course he must not see where she's too old to be acting like this. When she was 3-5 it was cute, now it's not. Why does she only do this in public? I am embarrassed by it. :jawdrop:

starfish's picture

kinda like a dog pissing on a tree...marking her territory...

enough to make you puke, hopefully she'll grow out of it....

I have a BS who is 8 and he doesn't do that to me but if he did, my husband would get all over him for it. Double standard. I love my husband but I want to pinch his head off sometimes.

No, she's really not that affectionate unless it's toward a man...but she only acts that with way with her dad if they are in public. If it were just her being affectionate, she would be that way at home. She's 10 and looks like she's 15 (breasts and all) She acts totally different around men, she will dance around them, sit with her legs spread (with shorts on), anything to get their attention...I'm sorry, but this can't be normal. I have told her she is a little lady and needs to sit with her legs together.

distorted reality's picture

Can anyone say manipulation??? LOL. The fact that she doesn't do this unless there is an audience definitely suggests more than just an 'affectionate child.' Do you know if BM acts this way? I am a firm believer that children learn what they live and so, go on to live what they have learned. Nevertheless, it is inappropriate and calls for a light feminine touch possibly explaining how unladylike it is to sit with legs spread wide open.... etc. Your DH should be made aware that this is inappropriate behavior and hopefully he will nip it in the bud.

Best of luck to you. Smile

Bex_S's picture

You're right to be embarrassed. That's fucking creepy....how can DH allow her to behave like that? It's childish at best and perverse at worst. It's hard to tell from what you've said, but she's either wanting to be babied or she's playing the mini-wife routine. Either way it needs to stop. It seems more like mini-wife tbh. She needs to know that her father is her FATHER, not her HUSBAND. Since she's only doing it in public it seems like it's very much for attention for whatever reason, or she knows she's embarrassing you so she is doing it to humiliate you and DH, even if that involves making herself look stupid. My SD will do anything, including humiliating herself in public just to make sure everybody is looking at her.