You are here

Am I Wrong?

Smithy101's picture

I have a 8 almost 9 year old SS and our relationship has pretty much gone out the window.  He has told a number of lies, child services and the police were called, he has openly stated he does not like me, never has, only likes me for the things that I provide and does not have any respect for me.  He is rude any given chance. 

We all, unfortunately, for the moment live together. 

I also have a 6 month son.

Am I wrong for not wanting him anywhere near my son? I literally feel sick and mostly irritated when he approaches to play with my son.  I have told him to stay away and my husband went crazy. So now, when he enters a room and grab my son and leave. 

Am I wrong for feeling this way? 

sorigor's picture

In my opinion, it is natural to feel that way. I would do the same thing! 

Mommajay's picture

I would feel the same way. I also used to cringe when my stepson came near my kids. Like if you cant respect me, please don't engage with my kids. 

nappisan's picture

i would feel the same.  If the child doesnt respect you , how can you trust that he will have respect for your baby.  The SS needs to earn the trust around the baby.  Your DH needs to address things with the kid about being rude or disrespectable toward you, thats the number one problem,,, why is your partner allowing this to happen ,, especially when the police or child services rock up at your door from lies the child told.  DH needs to put a foot in his sons arse for causing that kind of trouble ,, not to mention waisting valuable resource services