You are here

All the stepmoms who hate being a stepmom just got called out.

kitkat639's picture

Dang, I just saw this article on scarymommy by someone who feels the way I do. There are so many people on this forum who just hate their lives. What are you all doing wrong?!?!?

http://www.scarymommy.com/7-things-the-forums-dont-tell-you-about-becomi...

WTF...REALLY's picture

Well golly, thank goodness you set us straight. Wow. My life is changed forever. You rock. I am not longer a hater but a participater. Now I need to make cookies and give my husband a blow job and tell BM that it is ok you attacked me, stabbed a stranger and made your SD's life a living hell so she took it out on her SM.

Thanks kitkay39..... Thank you for coming into our lives.

moeilijk's picture

Um. Ok. So it seems there are no personality-disordered, drug-addicted, violent or incarcerated parents in this situation. Or teenagers. Also the kid's mom wasn't still trying to be in a relationship with her ex. And there was nothing about the kid pooping all around the house. A lot of the step-mom challenges didn't seem to part of the mix. I wonder why that wasn't in the article....

AVR1962's picture

Well, this mom got lucky.....perhaps she had the support and acknowledgement from both bio parents. Maybe bio mom gave the little guy permission to love and accept his stepmom.....all of which was absent in my situation. Nice to be told you are loved by your steps. I had it shouted, "I HATE you," from mine. 26 years later the picture is no different. Rather than being told I am hated I just excluded like I don't exist and the new wives tell me what an awful person I am (without even knowing me).

Last In Line's picture

You're here because why? This is a forum to support people who have difficult step situations. Not everyone has the perfect angelic little step-child who wants to make people happy and will follow the rules and adapt to the bonus mommy so beautifully.

ChiefGrownup's picture

Haha! That was a pretty funny article!

First, she seems to be using real names yet makes quite a few unflattering personal revelations about the mother. So not cool and unprofessional.

Second, she outright attacks the mother in several ways, especially in her point #5.

Third, wait till this little boy figures out sm is dissing his bm. I'm guessing around 8 or 9 or 10. She'll have a different kid on her hands.

Now for some personal bugaboos of my own. She's all "I love you" to ANYBODY inside of 2 months? Let alone someone else's little kid? She mentions her boyfriend -- did they ever marry? How long have they been together? Yeah, most of us had a honeymoon period with the skids. Sounds very much like that's where she is now.

Hey, writer of the article, if you learn anything today, let it be to stop saying disparaging things about the boy's mother publicly! You know what? It takes love, actual love, to remember how hurtful that is to a kid.

ctnmom's picture

When she has children of her own and her DH still puts Lil Asher first in every way because he cooommmes from a broken hooomee, the scales will fall from her eyes.

dood's picture

I haven't posted in here, like, forever... but are you fucking kidding me? Stepford Wife much?

Alwaysannoyed's picture

I actually haven't been on here in forever and this is the first thing I saw. Well you're lucky is all I can say. I come on here to vent and get advice because I have nobody to talk to in my situation. Step life is not easy especially when the step child gets put before everyone including you and partners children together. It's not easy when they treat step child as they are entitled and step children are definitely difficult and manipulative at least mine is. I think a lot of us got into this situation with high hopes, and love our husbands. I think most of us are just trying to keep our family together despite the step children and try to make the best of the situation. I don't think everyone hates their step children although at times it may seem or feel like we do depending on the day. Honestly I wouldn't be on here if it were perfect or easy and I honestly don't know why anyone who has the perfect situation or a happy step life would even be on this forum!

notsobad's picture

"I left and divorced my husband FOR HIM, he promised to "take care of me and my kids". "

Sorry amy2014 but the above are YOUR words.

You don't feel like you are getting any support because most of the people here think you are getting what you deserve.

z3girl's picture

Rainbows and unicorns...

Judgmental much? I'm sure my then SD15 when I first met her was as excited about me as I was about her and thinking of her as the daughter I never had. I totally misread that! Damn, why didn't I introduce myself as Mom?? BM wouldn't have minded that a woman 20 years younger than herself wanted to be her only child's new mother! After all, teenagers are so cuddly and lovable...

Yeah, EVERY situation is the same, and EVERY should just be so happy and perfect. That's not real life...

z3girl's picture

OMG, THAT'S what it's supposed to be like??? Man, that's so unfair!!! And to think I chose a life where it's not like that?!

Why was I not copied on that memo???

Monchichi's picture

z, I wasn't given the memo either. I only got it 20 months ago. I had NO idea and I am a COD! Now though I try and share it as much as is possible.

z3girl's picture

Is this why my 3 and 4 year olds love Lego's so much?? Are they trying to convey the message? lol

still learning's picture

I think most of us start out WANTING to be that kind of stepmom but in reality it's just not that sweet and easy. Dh's are ridden with guilt, skids are torn, BM's are jealous. It's a minefield that SM's have to carefully navigate. My SS's are all adults and you think it's be simple but there's still that allegiance to BM, stranger in OUR house, SM is only out to get dad's $$$ (where the hell is all that money?!)...and on and on.

I do love the gskids, they're beautiful children. But again there's the allegiance factor to the REAL grandma. Only the REAL grandmas are invited to birthdays, holidays, etc. They were up at our house almost every weekend then DH and I said "no" to being their traveling nanny and now they haven't been over in 2 mos. "You dare to say no and now we withhold the grands." It's hard being a step parent, step grandparent, step anything because you are always stepped on, a step below. I think the author of the article is in for rough waters ahead because she doesn't have a grip on reality. OP, I'm glad you have the perfect situation and hope it stays that way for you. Just remember, things change.

z3girl's picture

Just wanted to add:

ONE article about one lucky stepmother does not "call out all other stepmothers". Puhlease. As if all little girls dream of growing up, getting married, and raising skids.

I don't consider myself a stepmother. SD doesn't consider me her stepmother. I'm simply "Dad's wife". She considers my kids her baby brothers. Whatever, it works as well it can. Funnily enough, SD is not speaking to DH right now, and unfriended him on FB (oh the horror!) but is talking to me and probably deliberating posting nice things to me. Drama drama drama...

kitkat639's picture

Just to be clear, everyone, I was being sarcastic. I'm really sorry if it came off otherwise! From my experience being on this forum, pretty much everyone WANTS to love their stepkid, but not everyone is given the opportunity to.

ChiefGrownup's picture

Thanks for the clarity, kitkat. I don't think anybody understood what you were going for at the beginning.

I agree with you, most adult women intend to have loving relationships with people who live in their home, especially youngsters. Then dysfunction from the other end attacks their sanity.

hippiegirl's picture

The woman in the article just got lucky, is all. Her BM probably has a job, acts like a normal person, and doesn't always want to go back to court for more child (ex wife) support from DH. Her step kid is probably not an asshole who thinks the world owes him because his parents got divorced. Take your happy la-dee-da problem free life and stuff it.

hippiegirl's picture

Maybe I ought to check that out, I sure could use a new pair. My outlook has been pretty un-rosy as of late. Lol!

stepinafrica's picture

I realized after a few years of marriage that I was the only one making any effort to blend the family while DH and SS sat on their asses and made demands of me.

I responded by making myself my priority and learning to say no. Divorce is not always the answer.

ChiefGrownup's picture

Hahaha! That was too funny! DH and ss wanted to see it, too, and we watched the next one! I think we'll all be hearing more from that little girl in the years to come, great little actress. hahahaha!