You are here

21 BS moves back home (Temp) FH seems annoyed?

Tara12's picture

BS 21 just got illegally locked out of his townhouse and the original girl on the lease stole everyones things. I'm talking every bit of clothing, TV, computers, checks, EVEN MY SONS BELOVED DOGS ASHES - PEOPLE ARE SICK, etc. My son has NOTHING except the clothes on his back. I had to spend $500 on new clothes. Police report filed, the girl had sub-leased to my son and one other guy but the electricity and everything got turned off so of course he can not stay there - owner didn't know it was sub-leased whole other forum. My son is staying with me and my FH for a couple of months (in my 4bdrm, 3bath home THAT I own) to save up money for his own apt (security dep, etc - he has a steady job - not a lot but enough)and my FH is making comments to me just complaining about we don't have privacy, his coming and goings etc. It is just working my last nerve as the kid has only been here 4 days. He wants to treat my son like he is a teenager (being he has a 15 yr old girl of his own - that he has never lived with just sees once a mth since she was born) and I told him that my son is an adult, he cleans up the house, keeps his room clean, doesn't bother us, offered to pay for all groceries (we told him we didn't want rent so he could save - but he offered) and will hardly ever be home. He doesn't like living at home and hasn't since he was 18 1/2. Has anyone ever had to deal with something like this? My FH has known my son for a year and they get along great. I just can't stand all the talk behind my sons back and him wanting to know what he is doing and where he is at every minute of the day! He apologies then an hour later its like what is your BS doing I asked him to bring me whatever and he didn't give it to me - I'm like it's on the dresser in front of you. DUH. Just because he didn't hand it to him personally. I mean the toothpaste isn't were he thought it's at and he right away thinks my son took it! (FH left in shower - dumbass) I am not one of those moms that make excuses for their kids if he is doing something he is not supposed to I have always called him on it and not let things get out of hand. It is making my life stressful! HELP!

Anonymous42208's picture

1st question: Why did this girl take the stuff? Do they owe her money or is she plain psycho?
2nd question: How long have you and your FH been together? This living arrangement just happened 4 days ago. Give it time. Maybe he feels he'll get less time from you. Since that is not the case according to you give him time to see that. Good luck.

Tara12's picture

No - my son and his other roomate paid the rent and the girl took their money, changed the locks so they couldn't get in and stole all of their things! The owner contacted us because the girl owed her two and a half months rent. She just skipped out w/everyones money and things! - she is a 20 year old psycho lesbian! It was so bizarre. We filed charges but since they will probably never see her again and she probably left the state we are all screwed.

My FH and i have been together just a little over 2 years now. And i totally agree i think he just wants all my attention!

sparky's picture

Since you aren't married to the guy and his name isn't on the mortgage I'm not sure its his entitlement to have an opinion about your son staying there. Maybe you should set a time limit for both of them to be out especially if the guy is going to get mental over your son being there for a short period of time.

Tara12's picture

I gave my son a time limit and that was 3mths max. He is really adamant about living on his own and not asking for money from me he wants to do it on his own which I think is great. I did help him buy new clothes but that was it - he is not a taker - I'm very lucky he is so independent. My FH seems to be more relaxed now - a whole two days later and I haven't heard a word. All of a sudden he is Mr. Nice Guy and i got flowers the other day. Hmm - let's see what happens when his dumb ass can't find the toothpaste.