New Year

Angel's picture

Well it looks like the year 2010 will be my year! The manchild turns 18 on April 4th and will graduate in June. Can you imagine only 4 months left of EOW and 6 months of child support?????????????????

Ladies, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

How long do you have left?

JustAnotherSM's picture

Congrats!!! My SS turns 18 in June and if he can pull up a few grades will also graduate in May. YAY! Smile

TheWife's picture

Psssh...9 years....Geez don't make me cry...

Don't mind the SD. It's the cs and unpredictable BM that I can't wait to be rid of...

Amazed's picture

We have 6 years,4months left of EOW and child support...but 9 more years of alimony.

"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." ~Judy Garland

sadstepmom26's picture

4 years 6 months for oldest and 6 years for the youngest. MAN that seems like forever
Life is what you make it.

Amazed's picture

I'm planning on throwing an "End of Alimony" party for my husband...hmmm...maybe I'll send TheFrizz an invitation }:)

"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." ~Judy Garland

lynneranne's picture

You all are lucky... I got another 16 and a half years... not that Im counting... lol

Life isn't about the days you have, its about what you do with the days you have.

misguided's picture

OMG I never actually sat down and added it up but til 18 ten years and my ever so simple DH agreed to 21 sor that makes it 13 YEARS!

Amazed's picture

The cs will absolutely come to a screeching halt the very nano second sd turns 18. She can visit when she wants...as long as she makes us aware she is coming over. Her visitation will probably and sadly drop off drastically when she starts driving bc she will b paying for her own gas and we live 30min from thefrizz's house. It won't be bc we don't want her here though. I am almost tempted to convince dh we should give her gas money when she drives here but she has tons of money in her bank acct put there by us...she can use that to come see her dear old dad and dear young sm;) lol "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." ~Judy Garland

Angel's picture

Yes & no. My dh continued to pay for his older 2 until the oldest was 24 & the middle one was 20. They were supposed to use the money for school and they pissed it away on gadgets & vacations. This one he is cutting off at 18.

The visitation stops when the kids get a car and can drive themselves to visit the parent. It isn't like you stop seeing your kids, the compulsory visitation schedule turns into young adults taking time to see their parents when they want to or can.

Most Evil's picture

Our child support continues until they are no longer a full time student with a 2.0 average - up to an undergrad degree.

So HOPEFULLY we have 4 more years - but if SD18 drops out of school or flunks, it is over. But she does seem to be stepping up, which is what we want for her.

Shell97's picture

Well, we got a little over 5 years left to pay CS. Unless SD13 goes to college. Then CS continues until she is 21. And if that is the case (which I'm pretty sure she will), we will have a little over 8 years.